Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

55 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I'm sure that at this very minute someone is organising a march of unemployed brexit voting Geordies down to London to work in all those restaurants and hotels.

Yep, and all the blue rinse brigade and the embittered Brexiters shaking their fists in Doncaster Market demanding that Brexit be done...can't wait to see them picking asparagus in the fields of Lincolnshire next year or serving coffee in London restaurants. At least they'll have no-one to blame about the Johnny Foreigner taking their jobs in the future seeing as they will have such a surfeit of job opportunities.

2 minutes ago, taxman said:

Yep, and all the blue rinse brigade and the embittered Brexiters shaking their fists in Doncaster Market demanding that Brexit be done...can't wait to see them picking asparagus in the fields of Lincolnshire next year or serving coffee in London restaurants. At least they'll have no-one to blame about the Johnny Foreigner taking their jobs in the future seeing as they will have such a surfeit of job opportunities.

Lol - I think the only blue rinsed brigade you'd find in Donny market would have spilled a bottle of  WKD over their head.

13 minutes ago, taxman said:

Wonder how the EU will cope with an influx of unemployed.

Just now, retep said:

I think you'll find any EU citizen made unemployed in the UK will have very little difficulty finding a job in Europe given that they can speak more than one language, are willing to move where the work is etc.

7 minutes ago, retep said:

Maybe all these supposed unemployed EU workers can migrate to places like Estonia and Latvia that have suffered huge losses of their native populations since joining the EU and have programs for non-EU migration to replace the jobs that people left behind?

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think you'll find any EU citizen made unemployed in the UK will have very little difficulty finding a job in Europe given that they can speak more than one language, are willing to move where the work is etc.

Whats the unemployment rate in the EU?

3 minutes ago, retep said:

Well if they are well qualified and educated trades people being forced to leave our shores I'd imagine they'd be most happy to have them back.

Do people not remember the times before hard working, professional and honest hardworking Polish et al came over here to do fundamental jobs but weren't fleecing their customers?

We have Polish neighbours, hard working, honest, good people ....better than some of the people who'd "send them back"

I wish there was some way of chanelling Brexiters in hospitals....those who voted Brexit can wait 19 hours on a trolley in a corridor, those who voted to allow foriegn doctors and nurses and healthcare professionals into this country and weren't racist could be seen sooner.

Just now, retep said:

The official figures disguise the huge numbers that work cash in hand for at least part of the year- especially in tourism and agriculture. Where I live theres loads of folk who work round here in the summer and move to the Alps / Pyrenees in winter in the tourist trade. There's nothing like the bureaucracy involved with signing on like in the UK.

4 minutes ago, retep said:

Roughly 7%.

Pritti Patel claimed that we have 8 000 000 economically inactive people of working age. Which is roughly 13% of the UK population, and nearer to 25% of those of working age.

So, I fail to see your point. Not for the first time.

Will you be off to Lincolnshire to pick caulis?

36 minutes ago, retep said:

I think that you are confusing certain issues.

No country willingly imports people to become unemployed.

We are talking about jobs which need doing and the availability of labour from either U.K. nationals topped up as necessary from other sources.

America,Britain,Germany,France,in fact virtually all developed countries have used imported labour to develop their economies.

The argument as far as I am concerned is that this points system does not recognise the real value of certain jobs in terms of both wages and skills.

With this I am in total accord with Diane Abbot,which may be a first for me😁

I'm a bit confused by all the outcry of today that somehow the country is suddenly going to fall apart by the introduction of this 'revolutionary' Points Based System, (I say revolutionary, yet the UK has been running a PBS system for the last decade or so, introduced by the Blair Govt.). 

The new PBS scheme appears to be less stringent than the current system, why A-level qualifications required rather than a degree qualification & no need by a UK employer to prove they have advertised a vacancy to the UK population before hand to try & fill the vacancy with a UK national. 

If I've read the papers right today & listened to the news reports correctly, all those EU workers who are currently employed in the UK, (not here to do us a favour or out the goodness of their hearts but because we're obviously paying higher salaries then other places in the EU), can continue to work beyond 31/12/20 without any problems, as long as they register their status in the UK.  So no worker or their employer, need worry about losing either the job or the worker. 

EU workers can continue to arrive in the UK up until 31/12/20 & register to stay beyond this date.  In fact any EU national who has been here for 5 years or more, can apply for residency. 

Edited by Baron99