Sound Bar For Ps3

Hi any recommendations for a sound bar that is compatible with ps3. I’ve got one  which works fine if I’m watching YouTube etc on ps but if I play a game it just makes a horrible noise so is unusable . thanks

Edited by rudds1

You might have the PS3 to output audio the soundbar can't process. If tinkering with the audio output doesn't work, I use a Yamaha YAS 101 and that works OK but I think it's out of date now, as in, they don't make them any more.

Yeah, the PS3 outputs a standard audio signal, and should work fine (if setup correctly)

how is it connected to the sound-bar?

3 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Yeah, the PS3 outputs a standard audio signal, and should work fine (if setup correctly)

how is it connected to the sound-bar?

Optical cable 

11 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

Optical cable 

Go to sound settings, make sure it's set to "optical" and try setting as 2.0 to start with..

Also, because you choose Digital Out (Optical), as an option, iy will ask you what "formats" the device supports,  (Such as Dolby Digital, DTS, AAC etc) - You would need to make sure that ONLY compatible ones are checked (so you could check Linear PCM to start with) - having something selected incorrectly here, can cause problems (and noise) later...

3 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Go to sound settings, make sure it's set to "optical" and try setting as 2.0 to start with..

Also, because you choose Digital Out (Optical), as an option, iy will ask you what "formats" the device supports,  (Such as Dolby Digital, DTS, AAC etc) - You would need to make sure that ONLY compatible ones are checked (so you could check Linear PCM to start with) - having something selected incorrectly here, can cause problems (and noise) later...

Will look in to this but if I watch say a film on YouTube on ps sound bar works fine ,it’s only when I play a game issue happens 

6 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

Will look in to this but if I watch say a film on YouTube on ps sound bar works fine ,it’s only when I play a game issue happens 

Yes, this is because (as a pure example..) if you have PCM 2.0 and DTS 5.1 selected, but your soundbar doesn't support DTS, the game may try to send a DTS signal (as you told it the soundbar supports it) but it wont work right...

YouTube, is only 2.0 stereo as standard, so will pretty much always be a standard PCM signal...

I mean changing your PS3 settings btw :) - not sound bar

Edited by Ghozer

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

Games and some films can have more complex audio streams. If your PS3 is defaulting to one of them in certain games, the soundbar might not be able to decode it. I'm having a play on the old PS3 now (Splinter Cell HD) Out of curiosity I checked the audio outputs, I must have set it to the soundbar orgionaly as all the formats the soundbar can use are enabled, the rest are disabled. If you can find a manual for your soundbar, it should say in there what audio it can decode.