Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Could It Be A Premature Bow Out For Monk?

The videos surfacing online this morning, show some very, very unhappy Owls fans last night!....and well they have every single right to be at the minute, as the club is in a right old mess isnt it?? Years of mismanagement and flaunting the rules, finally catching up on the club and they are now paying the price.

But can you blame Monk for the current form?

There has to be a great deal more going on behind the scenes...surely? Team selections are somewhat confusing and I don't know, the club just does'nt send out messages of complete harmony.

Monk came into the club with a mammoth task on his hands! It seems that he is the go to guys, when things are going well and you need a yes man.....the sort of manager who will accept that he won't get transfer budgets and will just try his hardest, until til a time that the club has stability again.

Interestingly the fans appeared to direct frustrations towards the pitch, rather than the dugout....with a largely audible chant of "you're not fit to wear the shirt"......again perhaps the right direction to point fingers?... Once the XI put on the shirt, it is down to them to do the business!

What is the answer at Hillsborough? Do you give them manager the boot and entask somebody new? They will just have the same upward battle surely??

Or do you wait while the summer before addressing it all?......do you then carry put wholesale clearances and try and build a proper team? Because clearly, the squad is carrying plenty of dead wood!! 

Whichever decision you take, it has to be weighed up correctly! With punishments on the horizon and potential sanctions, it has to be right...

Monk out sooner the better.

Please stop digging at the club.

Chansiri is not the club.

He's the Caretaker for a while. He will not be there one day (as won't Wilder in time)

Do you think for one minute that proper Owls (the REAL club) are proud of fake adverts, crappy Managers, stupid wages, poor signings, high prices, embarrassing performances, and some shabby surroundings?

Chansiri thinks we can put everything at S6 in a tin and move it on for a profit.

I'd wager that a large proportion of Wednesday fans, with no business experience whatsoever could run the club far better than DC.

I'm not knocking his commitment, but his operational decisions leave a lot to be desired. IF he doesn't calculate his own decisions and he IS trusting  'advisors', then I suggest he sacks his advisors today and appoints people who DO know what they're on about, shuts his gob and just finances PROPER, PROVEN, ASSESSED  decisions.

Lack of money almost killed my club. 'Investment' by a football man rescued us from Intensive Care and now, BIG investment and the actions of a person totally out of his depth, is going to result in further egg on our faces.

Chansiri doesn't have money. His family have the money. Luckily, they're rich enough to overlook and brush off the dealings at S6 and it is they who Owls probably have to thank.

Our club is a great club. Certain individuals over the years (as at S2) have left us open to punishments, Court cases, gross mismanagement and ridicule.

The players are to blame, no iffs, no buts.

To suit them (but why should we?) Monk has to go. Today preferably. If, when the new man comes in, the players don't like him either, they'll stop playing again and the Carousel will continue.

We can blame uncertainty.

We can blame DC's appointments.

We can blame DC's advisors (if he has any?)

We can blame whatever Manager is appointed.

Could it be the Coaching staff?

At the end of the day, it's down to the players. Happy with their choice of club. Happy to sign. Happy with the squad. Happy with the facilities. Very well paid (£20,000 a YEAR being arguably the wages round these parts for me and thee)

The players are not happy to perform though.............

What exactly DO they want?

get shut of monk and pay big money and get a top coach,re-value the squad ,and then remove the dead wood and get in top players,its simple start at the coach and then sort it,but pay a decent wage for one,why pay a manager low wages as hes important ,monk is not good enough ,we can do better

Football isn't the real world do its difficult to offer any suggestions that don't involve sacking the manager,. 

If normal people fail at work the manager directs them or advises a method of working to try and utilise their best skills,or if a company is having problems it often tries to redirect the skills within it to achieve results ,if a footballer thinks he doesn't want to play left wing back then he won't.

Normal people get sacked for being crap at their job or not following instructions,footballers and supporters get rid of the guy giving the instructions 'cos they don't like them.

Gary Monk is better than most of the horses on the managerial merry go round.

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Monk out sooner the better.

Please stop digging at the club.

Chansiri is not the club.

He's the Caretaker for a while. He will not be there one day (as won't Wilder in time)

Do you think for one minute that proper Owls (the REAL club) are proud of fake adverts, crappy Managers, stupid wages, poor signings, high prices, embarrassing performances, and some shabby surroundings?

Chansiri thinks we can put everything at S6 in a tin and move it on for a profit.

I'd wager that a large proportion of Wednesday fans, with no business experience whatsoever could run the club far better than DC.

I'm not knocking his commitment, but his operational decisions leave a lot to be desired. IF he doesn't calculate his own decisions and he IS trusting  'advisors', then I suggest he sacks his advisors today and appoints people who DO know what they're on about, shuts his gob and just finances PROPER, PROVEN, ASSESSED  decisions.

Lack of money almost killed my club. 'Investment' by a football man rescued us from Intensive Care and now, BIG investment and the actions of a person totally out of his depth, is going to result in further egg on our faces.

Chansiri doesn't have money. His family have the money. Luckily, they're rich enough to overlook and brush off the dealings at S6 and it is they who Owls probably have to thank.

Our club is a great club. Certain individuals over the years (as at S2) have left us open to punishments, Court cases, gross mismanagement and ridicule.

The players are to blame, no iffs, no buts.

To suit them (but why should we?) Monk has to go. Today preferably. If, when the new man comes in, the players don't like him either, they'll stop playing again and the Carousel will continue.

We can blame uncertainty.

We can blame DC's appointments.

We can blame DC's advisors (if he has any?)

We can blame whatever Manager is appointed.

Could it be the Coaching staff?

At the end of the day, it's down to the players. Happy with their choice of club. Happy to sign. Happy with the squad. Happy with the facilities. Very well paid (£20,000 a YEAR being arguably the wages round these parts for me and thee)

The players are not happy to perform though.............

What exactly DO they want?

Wilder certainly won't be at SWFC, at any point in time! 

1 hour ago, Moistened said:

Wilder certainly won't be at SWFC, at any point in time! 

What?

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

get shut of monk and pay big money and get a top coach,re-value the squad ,and then remove the dead wood and get in top players,its simple start at the coach and then sort it,but pay a decent wage for one,why pay a manager low wages as hes important ,monk is not good enough ,we can do better

Listening to 'Football Heaven' tonight, I heard that SWFC have a large number of players on not only lengthy contracts but also apparently high wages for a Championship side. 

SWFC will have trouble moving them on?  Can't see many of them moving & taking a pay cut, so the alternative would be to sell them on at a rock bottom price to another club to offset their future wages. 

42 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Listening to 'Football Heaven' tonight, I heard that SWFC have a large number of players on not only lengthy contracts but also apparently high wages for a Championship side. 

SWFC will have trouble moving them on?  Can't see many of them moving & taking a pay cut, so the alternative would be to sell them on at a rock bottom price to another club to offset their future wages. 

Not really, a good percentage of the contracts are up this summer.

6 hours ago, bassett one said:

If only it was that simple, what decent manager would want to come to the club in its current state.

Attracting a manager to a club facing a possible points deduction of 21 points,with no cash to spend isnt really that appealing,add the prospect of losing upto 9 squad players close season,and you get a total wreck of a club,and a possible accounts deficit of circa 65M plus the current seasons losses,and your looking at  free transfer players and a restricted wage budget and playing academy prospects.

I get the feeling Jos already knew this and thats why he promoted so many youth players to prepare them for the task ahead,and let them gain experience,the fans lost patience,JL lost his job,how will they react when it becomes a reality?

I fear the worst is yet to come,this is just the tip of the iceberg

5 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Attracting a manager to a club facing a possible points deduction of 21 points,with no cash to spend isnt really that appealing,add the prospect of losing upto 9 squad players close season,and you get a total wreck of a club,and a possible accounts deficit of circa 65M plus the current seasons losses,and your looking at  free transfer players and a restricted wage budget and playing academy prospects.

I get the feeling Jos already knew this and thats why he promoted so many youth players to prepare them for the task ahead,and let them gain experience,the fans lost patience,JL lost his job,how will they react when it becomes a reality?

I fear the worst is yet to come,this is just the tip of the iceberg

Good article and I have a feeling your last sentence may be prophetic. To sum up the Owls over the last few seasons is that 'Every silver lining has a cloud'.

We keep hearing  all the rumours of what is going on at our club, but  if there is a problem between manager and players (and i do believe it to be true) then why cannot the club captain  get involved ,  Surely in his position he his there representative and the voice of the players who if they feel they are being scapegoated  he should mediate on there behalf. I fully understand  why the club would want to keep this under wraps, but  lets be knowing the truth before we take sides. is my view. 

just sack the blithering idiotic manager and get a top one in asap,we keep taking 2nd best managers as I believe we wont pay up decent wagers for that job,then get top loan players like wolves and we can be back to where we belong in 24 months,you just have to listen to monk ,hes run out of ideas and excuses,the late beloved brian clough another man we wouldn't part with enough cash,would never have put up with this lot,i can see us going down at this rate,finnally monk said on the radio he didn't see any upset fans,possibly because they all had gone.