Research On Tv Advert

Does anyone remember an advert on TV ..early 80s..which was for a sandwich spread..(the company i want to find out)...it advertised their pastes with current pop stars of the day in character form with rhyming names..the one i remember is one of Debbie Harry ..used to sell the Ham paste.. and named Betsy Hammy..much appreciated  if you can help

Was it Heinz Sandwich Spread ?? " dubbub"

I first remember it about 1950/51 when I was much younger and lived in Swallownest (1940 - 1967)

Not seen it for years and years, until about 4 months ago when I found it in a supermarket here which sells UK and imported foods etc (non-muslim food)

Still tastes exactly how I remember it tasted many years ago

But there was also Shiphams Pastes, they manufactured many different ones

Also one which came into the shops about 1950 in small white pots - first was a Shrimp Paste - manufacturer was Van Smirren

No recollection of the tv advert though even though we had a tv from about 1947/8

Hope this information helps you in your search

Here = Malaysia

Best Regards - Victor (7-50am and now 94 degrees with clear blue sky - same 365 days - we do not have seasons just continual hot summertime - be around 103 - 108 by mid day)

Ah yes - Shiphams is the name I could not remember from many years ago - they made a number of varieties

Thank you Arthur Ritus

Regards - Victor

Wasn't there a company at Handsworth that produced a similar thing ?

Edited by St Petre
Add

13 hours ago, St Petre said:

Wasn't there a company at Handsworth that produced a similar thing ?

Transfield, just up from the White Rose?

On 13/02/2020 at 00:01, victormh said:

Was it Heinz Sandwich Spread ?? " dubbub"

I first remember it about 1950/51 when I was much younger and lived in Swallownest (1940 - 1967)

Not seen it for years and years, until about 4 months ago when I found it in a supermarket here which sells UK and imported foods etc (non-muslim food)

Still tastes exactly how I remember it tasted many years ago

But there was also Shiphams Pastes, they manufactured many different ones

Also one which came into the shops about 1950 in small white pots - first was a Shrimp Paste - manufacturer was Van Smirren

No recollection of the tv advert though even though we had a tv from about 1947/8

Hope this information helps you in your search

Here = Malaysia

Best Regards - Victor (7-50am and now 94 degrees with clear blue sky - same 365 days - we do not have seasons just continual hot summertime - be around 103 - 108 by mid day)

Shipams paste barbecue