Mental Health Help

On 12/02/2020 at 19:44, BobOfRoth said:

My kids say I need some help but my GP says me i should be medicated. The medication helps a bit but im drinking heavily and cant see a way out. My gp tells me there are online resources but when Ive registered with them I hear nothing. IAPTS is useless. I worry for the future. Can anyone help?

im in a similar situation, feel I need to actually sit and talk to someone, on a regular basis, but can't get the help I need, or find anywhere that can support me..

Have talked to my GP, who referred me to IAPT also, which was utterly useless and honestly made me feel worse, And anyone I talk to just tells me to do IAPT, and doesn't understand...

driving me crazy! :(

I wish you the best of luck though, and hope you (and I) get sorted soon..

Don't forget Bob, if you went for a walk and tripped over, it doesn't mean you have to start the walk all over again.

Have you thought about andy's man club? https://andysmanclub.co.uk/

A lot of groups like this have setup online sessions in light of covid which might make them easier to access. 

Are you still accessing CGL service? 

Sheffield Forummers, you are an amazing  bunch.  👏🌹

And, of course, that includes YOU Bob. 👏🌹

Edited by Lex Luthor

Hi Bob.  Haven't heard from you for a while.  Hope you're ok.  Still here, if you need us.

On 17/07/2020 at 15:17, saywhatnow said:

Have you thought about andy's man club? https://andysmanclub.co.uk/

Bob had intended going to this, and posted as such back in Feb, post No11. 

It seems like it is a place worth trying. I don't know if he ever made it . I suppose  it can be a bit daunting regarding state of mind.

On 03/09/2020 at 12:18, Janus said:

Bob had intended going to this, and posted as such back in Feb, post No11. 

It seems like it is a place worth trying. I don't know if he ever made it . I suppose  it can be a bit daunting regarding state of mind.

AMC is currently doing mainly online meetigns at the moment due to Covid. As someone who has been going for a while i can testify that it is very good for all men. 

Hi Bob.  Hope you're ok.  These are very trying times for all of us.  I hope you are being supported and not suffering in silence   If you need to talk, we're all here.  

All the very best mate

Lex 👍

Hi Bob.

Thinking of you.  Hope you're ok.  If you need to talk, I'm always here.  If you don't want to post on the open forum, I'd be happy to get a Direct Message from you.

We're all only human and imperfect, and we need one another to get by.  You'll find no judgements here, just friends willing you on.  Don't feel you need to give us a report on how you're doing, just popping on the thread to say hi, would be great, if you can, because a lot of people are thinking about you and care about you.

Stay safe, and we're all wishing you the very best

Lex

8 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Hi Bob.

Thinking of you.  Hope you're ok.  If you need to talk, I'm always here.  If you don't want to post on the open forum, I'd be happy to get a Direct Message from you.

We're all only human and imperfect, and we need one another to get by.  You'll find no judgements here, just friends willing you on.  Don't feel you need to give us a report on how you're doing, just popping on the thread to say hi, would be great, if you can, because a lot of people are thinking about you and care about you.

Stay safe, and we're all wishing you the very best

Lex

You're a nice guy Lex. 

I hope Bob is OK. 

Hello I hope I am allowed to do this Im Bob of Roths nephew. My Uncle Bob sadly passed away recently. As a family we are devastated and had n idea he was in such a bad way until it was too late. Towards the end he spoke to me about his problems and told us about you incredible people and all the support you gave him. Our family will always be more greatful than we could ever put into words for what you all did for him and so while we are sorting my uncle Bobs affairs out I thought I would take the chance to say thank you from myself and the whole family. Id also like to say to anyone who is suffering mental health problems and is dreading this new lock down please GET HELP. Talk to someone anyone and dont let it ruin your life. Please dont end up like my uncle. He was a sound bloke and im missing him a lot. Please talk to someone and get the help you need.

Thank you Sheffield Forum and the special people who tried to help him

Stay strong everyone

Our love to you all

Jay

4 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

Hello I hope I am allowed to do this Im Bob of Roths nephew. My Uncle Bob sadly passed away recently. As a family we are devastated and had n idea he was in such a bad way until it was too late. Towards the end he spoke to me about his problems and told us about you incredible people and all the support you gave him. Our family will always be more greatful than we could ever put into words for what you all did for him and so while we are sorting my uncle Bobs affairs out I thought I would take the chance to say thank you from myself and the whole family. Id also like to say to anyone who is suffering mental health problems and is dreading this new lock down please GET HELP. Talk to someone anyone and dont let it ruin your life. Please dont end up like my uncle. He was a sound bloke and im missing him a lot. Please talk to someone and get the help you need.

Thank you Sheffield Forum and the special people who tried to help him

Stay strong everyone

Our love to you all

Jay

So sorry and sad to hear this news Jay. Lex you were an amazing support and you must be gutted to read this as all Bob’s friends on the forum will be.  R.I.P Bob, and Jay I offer you condolences and I hope people in need will follow your advice. So sad.

Jay, my sincerest condolences to you and your family, and such an important message you share at what must be a very difficult time for your family x