Mental Health Help

13 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

Hello I hope I am allowed to do this Im Bob of Roths nephew. My Uncle Bob sadly passed away recently. As a family we are devastated and had n idea he was in such a bad way until it was too late. Towards the end he spoke to me about his problems and told us about you incredible people and all the support you gave him. Our family will always be more greatful than we could ever put into words for what you all did for him and so while we are sorting my uncle Bobs affairs out I thought I would take the chance to say thank you from myself and the whole family. Id also like to say to anyone who is suffering mental health problems and is dreading this new lock down please GET HELP. Talk to someone anyone and dont let it ruin your life. Please dont end up like my uncle. He was a sound bloke and im missing him a lot. Please talk to someone and get the help you need.

Thank you Sheffield Forum and the special people who tried to help him

Stay strong everyone

Our love to you all

Jay

That is so sad Jay,   I've followed Bobs progress on the Forum, and wished him luck.

Devastated to hear this news.

I'm so sorry, Jay.  That's very sad news.  Bob was a great guy, with a good heart, and I was hoping we might have been able to actually meet some day.  I'm shocked and gutted.  I got the impression from his posts that he'd got a few other options which he was accessing for support but he obviously needed more.  

It's not really sunk in yet.

I'm very grateful to you for letting us know.

Please accept my condolences and please pass them on to your family.

God Bless Bob and keep him.

As you perfectly put:  for anyone reading this who is struggling, please access the help that is available.

Sheffield IAPT service:   0114 2264380

Samaritans: 116 123

Sheffield Rethink Helpline:  0808 801 0440

Sheffield's Single Point Access for adults in mental health crisis:  0114 226 3636

If you find IAPT isn't helping, get back to them and tell them, so that they can give you another assessment and get in touch with your GP for further help.

Edited by Lex Luthor

Jay, so sorry to hear that Bob passed away. My condolences to you and your family. I hope he is at peace.

My condolences Jay - that's heartbreaking news. 

Thank you for your nice comments its nice to know my uncle had people who cared so much. Ive made sure the family have seen your comments to and we are all thankfull.

Please all stay safe during the lockdown and my best wishes to you all

from Jay and family.

I forgot to say I will be donating my Uncles computer to charity and so this is the last time his account will be used. Is there a way to close his account or is it just left as it is?

Edited by BobOfRoth

May I also add my commiserations to you and your family.

We will close the account for you if you would prefer us to.

Thank you thats really kind and yes please that would be good if you could do that. Im blown away by this wonderful community. I think Ill be making an account and joining up because I want to be a part of it and i can see why my uncle thought so much of you all.

Bless you all xxx

Please do. I have closed the account now. If you need to contact us then you can get in touch via the helpdesk, the link for that is at the bottom of every page.

Thinking of Bob at the moment, and also of the many others who might be struggling in the run up to Christmas time.

This year it's going to be very different for a lot of us.  For some, that may lessen the pressure and potential family tensions but I suspect, sadly, there will be more people than ever feeling isolated, lonely and anxious this Christmas.  

Please remember that help is always at hand.  There has been several numbers and organisations posted in this thread.  Your GP surgery, also, should be aware of how you are feeling, and always get back in touch with them if you feel that you're not getting the support you need.

Remember that however dark days might seem now, that this is only a temporary state of mind and you will experience a time, soon, when you will feel better and find it much easier to cope.  Try to do some of the things you used to enjoy before you started feeling this way.  There's a lot more people out there than you think who care for you, are waiting to help you, and are rooting for you.

Merry Christmas everyone, however you may celebrate it this year.  It's going to be very different and very difficult for some.

I'll raise a glass in memory of Bob, and think of the many people facing difficult times.

Remember, please, if you're feeling unable to cope, please get in touch with one or more of the local and national organisations mentioned subsequently in this thread.

Stay safe and warm.xxx

Edited by Lex Luthor