Current Scams...

16 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

Yes, regularly. I do the same as you and ignore. If it's anything important they will leave a message.

Recently been getting calls where an automated voice leaves a message saying I need to contact them about something or other. If it's anything genuine they will write to me if they can't get me by phone

Dont get automated voice calls because on landline I just press record and they cut off, on mobile I just block calls on numbers that are not in call list

17 minutes ago, altus said:

Just to remind everyone:- If they leave a message claiming it's doctor/bank/whoever and say it's urgent, never reply to the number that made the call. Always look up the number elsewhere and call that.

👍

2 hours ago, altus said:

Just to remind everyone:- If they leave a message claiming it's doctor/bank/whoever and say it's urgent, never reply to the number that made the call. Always look up the number elsewhere and call that.

Unfortunately that does not always work.  If the scammers have kept the line open, then they are the ones that answer, claiming to be the bank.  I always suggest ringing another number you know first, to make sure the line is clear.  Family know to ring me, just say its a check if the a/m kicks in. then ring doctor/whoever knowing the line is clear.

When the heavily accented woman informs you that your credit card has been accessed by a possible fraudster, why don’t you reply, “thanks for that, you have my address and email details, please feel free to contact me on either or both” ?

Sometimes I feel a bit bored so will ask their name and then pretend their name is someone I know from the craft/walking/ swimming/origami group. When they get irritated at me talking to ‘my friend from my social group ‘ I ask them if this is the point they want my bank details- it’s amazing how quickly they end the call

Some Indian woman using 01246 code rang and said I need to have a consultation with a tarot expert. It's free just ring this 0900 number. 😊😂

Edited by hello1964

Last Week had a landline call, saying my Amazon Prime account needed renewal, now I’m not keen on giving any money’s to billionaires like Bezos who spend it frivolous on space…travel

So I knew it was a SCAM call, because I don’t deal with Amazon……at all..

4 minutes ago, DeZeus said:

Last Week had a landline call, saying my Amazon Prime account needed renewal, now I’m not keen on giving any money’s to billionaires like Bezos who spend it frivolous on space…travel

So I knew it was a SCAM call, because I don’t deal with Amazon……at all..

I'd know it was a scam - because Amazon don't ring you out of the blue - ever. All transactions/queries are dealt with via your account - unless YOU ring THEM.

Had a text from 753669957 from DPD?  saying our driver was unable to deliver my parcel(what parcel) follow this link to rearrange dpda.track7k4.info not waiting for any delivery is this one of the latest scams

8 minutes ago, kay1 said:

Had a text from 753669957 from DPD?  saying our driver was unable to deliver my parcel(what parcel) follow this link to rearrange dpda.track7k4.info not waiting for any delivery is this one of the latest scams

Not really the latest  - it has been running with DPD, and other carriers for a while.

Another scam to watch out for on Whatsapp...

"A grandfather has told of how he lost money saved for Christmas presents after his family were duped by fraudsters on WhatsApp.

The 75-year-old, who wished to remain anonymous, said they had been tricked by criminals posing as his grand-daughter on the messaging service.

He transferred £1,550 to the con-artists, for an emergency medical bill that was a fake.

WhatsApp and trading standards officers are warning others of the scam".

I had an e-mail this morning supposedly from the N.H.S. telling me I could apply for my vaccination passport for travel. The first thing that struck me was the wording of, this has been going round the block for some time. Also there was a link at the bottom, I suppose you click on that and they have you.