Current Scams...

Just now, spilldig said:

Agreed. Just wondering how it got through, it's been on for quite a while?

Has it? And have you reported it?

3 hours ago, spilldig said:

Just wondered if anyone has opened the Email  which keeps cropping up on the forum about having won a  prize?

Wasn't that something to do with SF forum giving away a prize for summat? I seem to remember a post on it a while ago.

On 23/03/2021 at 13:58, RollingJ said:

Actually, neither do I, but some people don't post enough detail, so duff 'information' is added further down the line - a bit like those old telegraph messages that got more garbled the further they went. 😉

I opened plenty of them you just gt to remember soon as they want bank details  log off. Lots off them claiming to be from amozan saying you won a priize and to send £1.99 so they can process it.  Latest is Parcel Force tried to deliver a parcel but nobody in . There is a telephone number but when  you ring it always says no number existits  dead give away never been charged  for ringing.   Now its you got a parcel coming from currys today wich you know you never ordered.   Makes you wonder why they bother as they aint even asking for bank details now.. Think they are trying to find out  which bank you use as a starter

1 hour ago, spider1 said:

I opened plenty of them you just gt to remember soon as they want bank details  log off. Lots off them claiming to be from amozan saying you won a priize and to send £1.99 so they can process it.  Latest is Parcel Force tried to deliver a parcel but nobody in . There is a telephone number but when  you ring it always says no number existits  dead give away never been charged  for ringing.   Now its you got a parcel coming from currys today wich you know you never ordered.   Makes you wonder why they bother as they aint even asking for bank details now.. Think they are trying to find out  which bank you use as a starter

Bolded bit - why?

On 05/05/2021 at 10:53, RollingJ said:

Has it? And have you reported it?

No. Usually found it makes no difference so not worth the time.

Edited by spilldig

On 05/05/2021 at 15:39, RollingJ said:

Bolded bit - why?

Curiosity  They cant do anything without  your bank details   so have a snoop 

Watch out for this scam...

You have a message or email waiting for you on Facebook! Skype, Paypal or any other popular website..

The link in those messages have a link to a ghost website... or can end up sending virus to your PC or phone.

I have read that some people open and go to these scam websites just out of curiosity, please do not DO THAT...

You never know if you will end up downloading malware or a virus...

Has anyone been receiving emails from Nathan Harrison,  Jake Chapman and Harry Kabir?  I delete them

On 24/05/2021 at 21:22, Baron99 said:

Some of the Post Office text scams might stop for a while? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57226704

Yet what about the Post Office  sub-postmasters hounded for non-existent frauds?

Ideally, the PO text scammers might target the executives whose fault that was.