Current Scams...

Just had phone call saying my NI number was being suspended because it has been used for criminal activities, it  was a recording or they would have been told where they could go and what they could do.  It was a very forceful voice trying to intimidate and saying press one now to speak to an officer.

Been around for a while, @iansheff, but a bit obvious as a scam, because I don't think they can 'suspend your NI number'.

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Just had phone call saying my NI number was being suspended because it has been used for criminal activities, it  was a recording or they would have been told where they could go and what they could do.  It was a very forceful voice trying to intimidate and saying press one now to speak to an officer.

My O/H has just received this call Iansheff.

11 minutes ago, jane2008 said:

My O/H has just received this call Iansheff.

The number is an O2 number according to a search on Google.

Edited by iansheff

Most likely spoofed by our friends in Mumbai, though.

13 minutes ago, iansheff said:

The number is an O2 number according to a search on Google.

It may have started as an O2 number, but as you can take your number with you now when you change provider, it could now be on any network

Not had this one before, Recorded message, "Thank you for placing your order with Amazon you have been debited with £399 on your debit card, your order will be with you in 3/4 days, if you havn't  placed this order press one now" didn't listen to any more, and if they can find  find a spare £399 to debit good luck to them.

Yep - well these sub-continent spam artists aren't really noted for their subtlety, are they?

Just had an envelope through my door from “ Transformation for Veterans . It’s asking for Childrens and adult clothes, shoes, handbags, bedding, curtains etc; They are collecting unwanted items next Tuesday. I have a lot of clothes etc; to give to charity but am wondering if this charity is genuine. I usually give to The BHF or The Stroke association but they aren’t collecting because of the pandemic. I’m wondering if this is a scam. Has anyone heard of them ?

I've googled it Patricia and it seems to be a genuine organisation. They help veterans sort their lives out and reconnect with people. I can understand your concerns though, I'm the same. It's a shame that we've become so suspicious but you can't be too careful these days. 

I always look to see if these bags state registered company or registered charity.

Im always more inclined to donate something if it says charity.