Current Scams...

2 minutes ago, catmiss said:

Has anyone else had a lot of ‘Tesco’ or ‘Amazon’ reward emails? They all have an Illinois address to write to to if you want to withdraw. 

Sound very fishy to me. 

If they do not have your full name, they are fakes, and trying to get your details. 

You say they "have an Illinois address to write to" if you want to withdraw.  Usually, it is a button to click (which links to a fake site and gets your details etc).  DO NOT press it!

If you hover over the button but do not press it, it tells you the email address it links to.  Usually, they are false (for example if it is "petesite.com"), it's clearly not Amazon. 

All my Amazon emails and links are to "www.Amazon.co.uk".  Anything else would get me to put it in my TRASH folder, and probably refer it to Amazon. 

I've done a search and can't find anything to do with Illinois in any of my Amazon emails!  I'm not with TESCO, but would suggest the same is probably true.

Glad you asked before doing anything!   Stay safe!

Had a @mail susupposedly from Apple, it said my Apple account (I don't have one) has been closed and wanted my details to reopen it. The name in the address bar sounded weird, BEWARE,

@pintorIf you don't have an Apple account, why did you even open the email?:confused:

4 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@pintorIf you don't have an Apple account, why did you even open the email?:confused:

I didn't, I blocked it!

OK - just wondered how you knew what was in it if you didn't open it.

Just had one on the mobile, it reads:

HALIFAX: A new payee account has been authorised on 25/11/2020 at 15:19. If you Do Not recognise this, please visit ***** payeeunortherised.net/ *****

Added to spam.

Never banked with them in my life!

On 17/11/2020 at 16:45, RollingJ said:

OK - just wondered how you knew what was in it if you didn't open it.

I could see the address & the beginning of it where it said my Apple account has been closed etc,I DON'T HAVE AN APPLE ACCOUNT, so had a rough idea that it was fake!

Edited by pintor

1 minute ago, pintor said:

I could see the address & I DON'T HAVE AN APPLE ACCOUNT, so had a rough idea that it was fake!

Fair enough - and that makes sense.😀

Just had an automated call about suspicious activity on my Amazon account, (an account I've never had), so they are just checking that I was the one who's purchased an iPhone, worth £1k+.

Usual thing.  Press 1 to confirm, 2 to speak with one of our account managers.  No thanks.  Just waited another 20 seconds & phone cuts off. 

I had one today about the imminent expiry of the warranty on a washing machine make that I've never even had.

The BT internet service being withdrawn due to hacking scam call again today but with the addition of pressing 2 if you’re with another provider 

Scam involving DPD,  callers phone and say they have a parcel for you and require updated details