Current Scams...

7 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Haven't a clue what "VM service" means, but I'll be keeping an eye out for an engineer!

Virgin Media and if an engineer was due on Monday, you would already have been told about this by Virgin.

I had an e-mail 'Warning' me to pay my TV licence on the 11th of August or face prosecution.  My licence was paid in May and I have proof.

How do the scammers think they can get away with that?

43 minutes ago, jane2008 said:

I had an e-mail 'Warning' me to pay my TV licence on the 11th of August or face prosecution.  My licence was paid in May and I have proof.

How do the scammers think they can get away with that?

Simple.  If 1% of people they send that to actually do pay, they are quids in, as they will send that to thousands and thousands

On 28/07/2020 at 00:36, catmiss said:

Had a frightening call on my mobile this afternoon from a Liverpool number supposedly from HMRC saying I was under investigation for tax fraud and if I didn’t press 1 a warrant for my arrest would be issued immediately. Although I terminated the call I was concerned but 101 assured me this was a scam call they were aware of

Just to let you know I’m still waiting to be arrested 

On 22/08/2020 at 13:40, RollingJ said:

Virgin Media and if an engineer was due on Monday, you would already have been told about this by Virgin.

Well, 7.30pm, and we're still up and running with BT, and no sign of a Virgin engineer....

5 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Well, 7.30pm, and we're still up and running with BT, and no sign of a Virgin engineer....

Looks like BT sent you a message intended for someone else then.  You shouldn't have any further problems, but I hope you have kept that email, just in case things go pear-shaped - not likely, but the BT system is  not renowned for being fool-proof.

On 23/08/2020 at 00:18, catmiss said:

Just to let you know I’m still waiting to be arrested 

DON'T WORRY

They will be around on Thursday as they are working under cv19 rules

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Looks like BT sent you a message intended for someone else then.  You shouldn't have any further problems, but I hope you have kept that email, just in case things go pear-shaped - not likely, but the BT system is  not renowned for being fool-proof.

Oh yes...and the letter!

I had one on my mobile telling me "I was liable for fraud" from HMRC and press one.

I don't know if it was  a person at the other end but the call terminated when I told him to F off

Just now, davyboy said:

I had one on my mobile telling me I was liable for fraud from HMRC and press one.

I don't know if it was  a person at the other end of  the call but it terminated when I told him to F off

Edited by davyboy

5 hours ago, davyboy said:

I had one on my mobile telling me "I was liable for fraud" from HMRC and press one.

I don't know if it was  a person at the other end but the call terminated when I told him to F off

Oooo-that might have put you in front of me in the arrest queue 😀

10 hours ago, catmiss said:

Oooo-that might have put you in front of me in the arrest queue 😀

no, I'll let you go first

Thanks-such a gentleman, you bring the file in the cake and I’ll prepare the legal case