Current Scams...

It's usually 0601 numbers.

They are foreign false numbers. 

Google 0601 number it says these are fake numbers.

@dutchFrom my experience, it is very rarely 0601 numbers, it is 99.9% spoofed 'UK' national numbers created by scammers operating outside of the UK. And before you tell me I am wrong, I will tell you that I am a volunteer on a site set up to monitor this type of illegal activity, so, yes, I do know what I am talking about.

Had a call from 'Dave', (that'll be Dave from down Mumbai way, judging by his accent), telling me about problems with my BT Openreach broadband band & that I need to speak to one of their other departments.  Bear in mind I'm not with BT. 

Me: 'Problems with my broadband?  What problem?

Dave: 'Problems.'

Me:  'is that right?' 

Me:  'Is thst right?' 

Me: 'is that right?'

You can guess where this was heading?  Dave eventually gave up after about 30 more seconds & hung up. 

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Had a call from 'Dave', (that'll be Dave from down Mumbai way, judging by his accent), telling me about problems with my BT Openreach broadband band & that I need to speak to one of their other departments.  Bear in mind I'm not with BT. 

Me: 'Problems with my broadband?  What problem?

Me:  'is that right?' 

Me:  'Is thst right?' 

Me: 'is that right?'

You can guess where this was heading?  Dave eventually gave up after about 30 more seconds & hung up. 

So 'Dave' had problems? Poor love.🤣

And of course,he was aware that Openreach never contact end-users direct?

Edited by RollingJ

I didn't talk when I picked the phone up, just hung up when a womans voice said about Amazon , the number was

5 minutes ago, pintor said:

I didn't talk when I picked the phone up, just hung up when a womans voice said about Amazon , the number was

Never knew Amazon had a call centre in Dulverton (on the Devon/Cornwall boundary)  or that (a) any 'local' number off that exchange began with a '1' and was (b) only five digits. A really convincing scam - NOT.

I’ve had calls from supposedly BT, Amazon and Microsoft. I deal with them the same way as I used to do with the previous generation of cold callers........ say my husband (I’m sure other family members would be just as effective) works for the company/in that field, ask for their name/company so my husband could be updated-I never hear from them again 

Since I bought a BT phone with call guardian built in 4 years ago and set it up to block various types of numbers I rarely get any scam calls.

God alone knows what this is all about!

Received a few minutes ago, confirming that my "parcel is on the way".

Interestingly it was addressed to me by (correct) name, but to an AOL email account - which I've never had! How it's wandered through the btinternet system is another matter!

Anyway, for your entertainment and delectation, here you go.... enjoy!

"Your subscription to our list has been confirmed. Thank you for subscribing! +19293233182 ----St;hwgv;ezc

Hi!

Thanks for joining the 529 Garage.

Your 529 Garage user name is:

Now, setup a password to complete your signup

----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo

Hi depemiguju!

Welcome to zRNWh!

You're only a few steps away from joining thousands of publishers and bloggers already using our widget.

To verify and complete your registration, please copy and paste the verification code below into the corresponding textbox on our site.

Your verification code is 5333989571

Can't find the textbox to paste your verification code?
Just click the link below to redirect to our site. Please note this link will become inactive in 48 hours:

Need further assistance? Have any questions?
Send us email at

We look forward to boosting your traffic through our exclusive readers' exchange ecosystem!

The zRNWh team

----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo

CITY MANAGER’S OFFICE

Iran and Afghanistan have no major territorial disputes, unlike Afghanistan and Pakistan or Pakistan and India. However, a festering disagreement over allocation of water from the Helmand River is threatening their relationship as each side suffers from droughts, climate change, and the lack of proper water management.

Both countries have continued to build dams and dig wells without environmental surveys, diverted the flow of water, and planted crops not suitable for the changing climate. Without better management and international help, there are likely to be escalating crises. Improving and clarifying existing agreements is also vital.

The United States once played a critical role in mediating water disputes between Iran and Afghanistan. It is in the interest of the United States, at large, to help resolve disagreements between Iran and Afghanistan over the Helmand and other shared rivers.

Historical context

Disputes over water between Iran and Afghanistan date to the 1870s when Afghanistan was under British control. A British officer drew the Iran-Afghan border along the main branch of the Helmand River.

river’s waters, but the Afghans failed to ratify it.

In 1948, another attempt to resolve the dispute began in Washington.

Based on an American suggestion, a three-person commission was selected by Iran and Afghanistan to investigate the issue and recommend a settlement. On February 28, 1951, the Helmand River Delta Commission presented its report, recommending that Iran’s share of the Helmand waters amount to twenty-two cubic meters per second. Iran, however, Water Dispute

Escalating

between Iran and

Afghanistan

The Atlantic Council Future

of Iran Initiative aims to

galvanize the international

community—led by the United

States with its global allies

and partners—to increase the

Joint Comprehensive Plan of

Action’s chances for success and

build on its model for conflict

resolution. The Initiative also

seeks to promote a deeper

understanding of Iran to inform

US policymakers as they

formulate new approaches to

the Islamic Republic.

ISSUE BRIEF

AUGUST 2016 FATEMEH AMAN

Atlantic Council

SOUTH ASIA CENTER

2 ATLANTIC COUNCIL

ISSUE BRIEF Water Dispute Escalating between Iran and Afghanistan rejected the report, asking for a larger share.1 A long

period of renegotiation ensued. Asadollah Alam, the Shah’s minister of court, wrote in his diaries in 1969 that Afghanistan had offered to provide more water, if Iran would give Afghanistan improved access to the Iranian ports at Chabahar and Bandar Abbas, as well as development assistance.2

Four years later, in 1973, Iranian Prime Minister Amir Abbas Hoveida and Afghan Prime Minister Mohammad Musa Shafiq signed an accord that accepted the flow of water into Iran at twenty-two cubic meters per second with an option for Iran to purchase an additional four cubic meters per second in “normal†water years.3 In return, Iran agreed to allow the ports of Bandar Abbas and Chabahar to be available to Afghanistan without preconditions. However, this agreement was neither ratified nor fully implemented due to the political developments in both countries including a 1973 coup in Afghanistan, the 1979 Iranian revolution, the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan that same year, and finally the rise of the Taliban in 1995.

Irrigation canals and dams

agriculture by constructing irrigation canals and dams in the Helmand Valley. Germany and Japan each worked to reconstruct ancient canals for Afghanistan in the 1930s, but their work ended in the aftermath of brought in the US firm of Morrison-Knudsen in 1946 to build irrigation systems and roads in the southern Helmand-Arghandab valleys.

This project was financed with US aid. Half-way through rehabilitating old canals, Morrison-Knudsen suggested that to make the best use of the renovated water, a storage dam and reservoir should be built.

In an effort to keep costs down, the work was done without first conducting surveys, which turned out to be a “fatal weakness†of the project according to a 1 Office of the Historian, Bureau of Public Affairs, “Foreign Relations of the United States, 1950, The Near East, South Asia, historicaldocuments/frus1950v05/d824.

2 Alinaghi Alikhani, ed., The Shah and I (London: I. B. Tauris & Co.

Ltd., 1991).

subsequent study by the US Agency for International Development.4

The 44.2-meter (145 feet) Arghandab Dam, 18 miles northeast of Kandahar, was completed in 1952 with a storage capacity of 388,000 acre-feet of water. A few months later, in April 1953, the Kajaki Dam, seventytwo miles upstream from Lashkar Gah, was also finished. It created the most important water reservoir in Afghanistan and was built with the objective of providing electricity, water for irrigation, and flood control.

As with the Arghandab Dam, appropriate soil and topography studies were not conducted, even though a 1950 United Nations report had cast doubt on the economic soundness of the project and predicted negative environmental effects in the lower valley, including waterlogging and salinization downstream from the dam.5

The impact of the Kajaki Dam has been mixed, since it increased water flow to Iran during the dry season but reduced the flood waters on which pastoralists depend for fertilization.6 Nevertheless, it is obvious that without the 1973 agreement, the situation would have been much more complicated.

Afghanistan’s water supply is derived from rain and melting glaciers. Three out of five of the country’s major rivers flow into neighboring countries. The Helmand is one of two that flow into Iran; the other is the Hari River. Two-thirds of Afghanistan’s water capacity of seventy-five billion cubic meters is surface water and the country has the capability to use only 25 to 30 percent of its river water flow.

The Helmand is the longest river in Afghanistan, constituting over 40 percent of Afghanistan’s surface water. With 95 percent of the Helmand located in Afghanistan, it is a critical source of livelihood for the 4 A.I.D. Evaluation Special Study No. 18, The Helmand Valley Project in Afghanistan, US Agency for International Development, 5 John W. Whitney, “Geology, Water, and Wind in the Lower Helmand Basin, Southern Afghanistan,†Scientific Investigations Report 2006–5182, US Geological Survey, US Department of the 5182_508.pdf.

6 Erika Weinthal, Jessica Troell, and Mikiyasu Nakayama, Water and ATLANTIC COUNCIL 3

ISSUE BRIEF Water Dispute Escalating between Iran and Afghanistan country’s southern and southwestern provinces. This has made the Helmand a national issue that seems to have become increasingly difficult for any Afghan government to resolve. For Iran, Helmand water is also becoming a national issue. In fact, all of Iran’s post-1979 governments have maintained the same basic position on the dispute with Afghanistan over water.7 The Hamouns

The Hamouns are transboundary wetlands on the IranAfghan border made up of three lakes: Hamoun-e Helmand, which is entirely in Iran, Hamoun-e Sabari on the border, and Hamoun-e Puzak, almost entirely inside Afghanistan. The three lakes are linked and fed by water from the Helmand River.

Historical evidence indicates the presence of ancient civilizations on the shores of the Hamoun lakes for 7 Morad Veisi, journalist and former instructor of military and politics, interview with the author.

more than 5,000 years.8 The Hamouns have a special and significant place in ancient Persian literature and in the Avesta, the religious book of Zoroastrianism.

These lakes and wetlands once supported great plant and animal diversity in the Sistan Basin. However, the combination of drought and water diversion for irrigation, including dykes on the Iran-Afghan border and four reservoirs Iran built in the province of Sistan-Baluchistan, have diverted water away from the Hamouns. A serious impact resulted from the introduction, in 1983, of an alien species of fish into the lake by the Iranian Fisheries Company;9 The fish devoured almost all of the reeds in the wetlands.

8 John Weier, “From Wetland to Wasteland,†Earth Observatory, hamoun/.

9 United Nations Development Programme I. R. Iran, “Restoration dam/iran/docs/News/2014/March%202014/Towards%20a%20 solution%20for%20Iran’s%20dying%20wetlands/Hamoun%20 Image credit: Google Maps.

4 ATLANTIC COUNCIL

ISSUE BRIEF Water Dispute Escalating between Iran and Afghanistan On the Afghan side, dams and canals for irrigation schemes in the provinces of Helmand, Nimrooz, and Kandahar also contributed to lowered lake water levels.10 As a result, the Hamoun lakes have nearly disappeared, along with the birds and fish on which the local population once depended for its livelihood.

The situation was further aggravated when the Taliban government of Afghanistan blocked the Kajaki Dam and choked off water to Iran from 1998-2001, a period that also included one of the region’s worst droughts.

Dust storms from the dried Hamoun lakes are considered among the worst in Southwest Asia and have caused a serious public health crisis in Iran.11 The region’s economy has also been gravely impacted, as thousands of villagers left their homes and moved to cities to have a better chance of survival.12 The

deteriorating economic situation,

unemployment, and the loss of

income from agriculture in both

countries has led to more drug

trafficking in the Hamoun region,

with all the attendant ill effects on

Afghan and Iranian societies.13

While a similar crisis impacting Lake

Urumiyeh in Iran’s northwest has

received massive media coverage,

the story of the Hamouns’ fate is

relatively new to many Iranians and

the international community.14

Wetland/Hamoun%20Wetland%20Baseline%20Situation%20Analysis%202005.pdf.

10 Ibid.

11 Abbas Miri, Hassan Ahmadi, Ahmad Ghanbari, and Alireza Moghaddamnia, “Dust Storms Impacts on Air Pollution and Public Health under Hot and Dry Climate,†International Journal naun.org/main/NAUN/energyenvironment/ee-18.pdf; A. Rashki, D.G. Kaskaoutis, C.J.deW. Rautenbach, P.G. Eriksson, M. Qiang, P. Gupta, “Dust storms and their horizontal dust loading in the handle/2263/19147/Rashki_Dust(2012).pdf?sequence=1.

12 Fatemeh Aman, “Iran-Afghan Differences over Helmand River Threaten Both Countries,†Atlantic Council Iran Insight blog, March 13 Iran’s Presidential Center for Innovation and Technology Cooperation, “United States’ Support for Building Two Dams

----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo ----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo ----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo ----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo ----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo

Spending time studying abroad can be a rewarding and life changing experience, giving you a unique opportunity to explore the world, discover different cultures and enhance your career prospects.

WHERE CAN I GO?

We have over 300 university exchange partners, including many of the world's top-ranking institutions in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, East and South-east Asia, South Africa and Latin America.

----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo Voter Information

----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo

holla

If you did not request an account, please Contact Us.

Your friends at S326

Ce message a été envoyé

Bonjour GgtGR nous te souhaitons la bienvenue !

Votre compte est désormais en ligne ! Vous pouvez dès maintenant envoyer des images et créez des albums. N'hésitez pas à partager votre contenu avec vos amis ! Vous avez également la possibilité de changer les paramètres de confidentialité dans les réglages de votre compte.

--
Ce message a été envoyé . khzlocobamrunzw

-------------

Merci d'avoir souscrit à la newsletter de la fondation Entrepreneurs de la cité

----------------
Besoin de ressources, d'innover, d'échanger ? GgtGR, la « boîte à idées

Bonjour nous te souhaitons la bienvenue !

Votre compte est désormais en ligne ! Vous pouvez dès maintenant envoyer des images et créez des albums. N'hésitez pas à partager votre contenu avec vos amis ! Vous avez également la possibilité de changer les paramètres de confidentialité dans les réglages de votre compte.

----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo
I will be out of the office from Tuesday, February 18 through Friday, February 21. I will have access to email and will reply if necessary. All other emails will be returned on Monday, February 24. Thank you!

--

Services Manager
Recreation
573-874-7202

----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo

Dear Prospective Ed.D., Higher Education Strand Applicant:
We are very pleased that you are interested in the Higher Education Strand of CCSU’s Doctor of
Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership, designed for current higher education professionals
who aspire to leadership positions on college or university campuses. We look forward to receiving
your application.
As you complete your application, keep in mind the following admission criteria:
1. Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a discipline or
professional field that is relevant to the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership.
2. A 3.00 or higher cumulative average (GPA) in all graduate coursework.
3. Two or more letters of reference from leaders in postsecondary education familiar with
your work. Ask your references to use the form on the next page.
4. Résumé that illustrates important work-related experiences with an emphasis on yo ur
work as a leader at postsecondary institutions of higher education.
5. Acceptable scores on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken
within five years of your application.
6. A personal statement covering six important topics:
• Career goals
• Intended area of individual specialization
• Reasons for pursuing a doctorate
• Commitment to residency requirements (one three-day weekend in the first spring
semester, one full week each of the first, second, and third summer sessions)
• Commitment to enrolling in two cohort courses each spring and fall semester
• Commitment to summer enrollment during each 8-week summer session
7. If selected as a finalist, a satisfactory interview with the admissions committee.
We accept new students in alternate years only. Applications are due by October 1, 2017.
Admission standards are rigorous, and not everyone who meets our standards wil l be accepted.
Please note that the admission process calls for submission of materials to two locations. The last
page of this packet is a checklist of the various steps. Submit your Graduate Application and $50
application fee online. Transcripts from every college you have attended as an undergraduate and
graduate student should be submitted to Graduate Admissions in 102 Barnard Hall. In addition you
must send the following materials directly to the Ed.D. Program (attention Rouzan Kheranian) in 320
Barnard Hall:
1. Two letters of recommendation from educational leaders. Use the Reference Form (page
2 of this packet).
2. Your personal statement attached to the form on page 3 of this packet.
3. Your résumé.
4. Your GRE scores. When requesting that scores be sent, use GRE reporting code 3143 to
assure that the Ed.D. office receives your scores.
Cordially,
Peter F. Troiano, Ph.D.
Ed.D. Program Direct or, Higher Education Strand

----9gG8DT0g;rdtlDo"

Didn't read it all, but what a load of (those vicious fish you find in freshwater rivers)🤣

Have had a couple of phone calls the land line this morning with the same recorded message. 

It's regarding our Internet & some apparent illegal activity & if we don't respond within 24 hours, (bear in mind we had a similar call last week?), we will be cut off.  Then it's "Press 1 to speak with one of our executives."  No doubt at some premium phone rate for starters, while they try & get my bank details? 

At no point is any IT provider name stated, (which is a dead give away for starters), & our name wasn't mentioned either. 

Phone number was:  0574  062  314. 

59 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Have had a couple of phone calls the land line this morning with the same recorded message. 

It's regarding our Internet & some apparent illegal activity & if we don't respond within 24 hours, (bear in mind we had a similar call last week?), we will be cut off.  Then it's "Press 1 to speak with one of our executives."  No doubt at some premium phone rate for starters, while they try & get my bank details? 

At no point is any IT provider name stated, (which is a dead give away for starters), & our name wasn't mentioned either. 

Phone number was:  0574  062  314. 

Non-existent caller ID as well.😀