Bridge Between Scotland And Northern Ireland

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

if we reverse climate change we will be able to walk across just like humans could back in the day

What???  We'll be swamped by forin muslamics!!!

Edited by Longcol

Guest makapaka

Brilliant idea. 

Don’t think it will happen.

12 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Brilliant idea. 

Don’t think it will happen.

Anybody driving to it from England would probably have lost the will to live after nigh on a hundred miles of the A75 after the slog up the M6 to Gretna.

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Anybody driving to it from England would probably have lost the will to live after nigh on a hundred miles of the A75 after the slog up the M6 to Gretna.

Yeah but not everyone lives in England.

im all for ambitious infrastructure projects - rarely regretted once completed and more

importantly get people working, earning money and spending money.

Id prefer it to be spent on a project linking us to Manchester - but I don’t agree with running down ambitious projects anywhere in the country  - opportunities for workers are also good when stuff like this gets off the ground (if it ever does).

14 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Yeah but not everyone lives in England.

im all for ambitious infrastructure projects - rarely regretted once completed and more

importantly get people working, earning money and spending money.

Id prefer it to be spent on a project linking us to Manchester - but I don’t agree with running down ambitious projects anywhere in the country  - opportunities for workers are also good when stuff like this gets off the ground (if it ever does).

If it got the go ahead then a boozer in Portpatrick or thereabouts would be goldmine.

Edited by Longcol

Guest makapaka
41 minutes ago, Longcol said:

If it got the go ahead then a boozer in Portpatrick or thereabouts would be goldmine.

Precisely.

It is a dead cat story to deflect away from the announcement about customs checks and non frictionless trade.  

Johnson couldn't even get his Garden Bridge in London done.

Its a shame a project like this gets mocked because its a Boris one.

I realise the geography probably plays a part of it, but we have some amazing long road bridges elsewhere in the world, like the Vasco da Gama Bridge in Portugal, the Hangzhou Bay Bridge in China and the bridge between Denmark and Sweden.

But I guess the days of Britain having the best of things died when the Humber Bridge was no longer the world's longest.

13 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

I realise the geography probably plays a part of it, but we have some amazing long road bridges elsewhere in the world, like the Vasco da Gama Bridge in Portugal, the Hangzhou Bay Bridge in China and the bridge between Denmark and Sweden.

But I guess the days of Britain having the best of things died when the Humber Bridge was no longer the world's longest.

It's the cost and the strong possibility that we are building a large and expensive bit of infrastructure for two countries that won't be part of the union. 

I know it's back to London centric infrastructure, but if we want a big ass bridge, another one on the Thames would make more sense.

21 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

We are way behind the rest of the world..

Bring back the Victorians, they got things done, we need another Islamabad Kingdom Brunel..

4 hours ago, Padders said:

We are way behind the rest of the world..

Bring back the Victorians, they got things done, we need another Islamabad Kingdom Brunel..

Spot on.....

Two year old bridge and its closed because of ice

Falling ice causes first Queensferry Crossing closure

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51456296

Guest makapaka
8 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

It's the cost and the strong possibility that we are building a large and expensive bit of infrastructure for two countries that won't be part of the union. 

I know it's back to London centric infrastructure, but if we want a big ass bridge, another one on the Thames would make more sense.

Totally disagree - the sort of approach which has left the rest of the uk feeding on scraps whilst money Is ploughed into the capital freely.