Hp Deskjet 845c Printer

I was given this printer.  It has been useful, but  now makes the right noises  but the printed page is feint in the extreme, hardly showing that it is a printed page at all.  I suppose new inks are required.  I do not intend to buy them, because I have another printer I am using now.  How do I dispose of this printer as it is?  Would anyone want it? Where do all these old pieces of equipment go?  This must be a question that arises all the time. Do I put it in the black bin?

Ideally not....

You  can dispose of it Via PCWorld or Similar Stores who have joined The WEEE  Scheme

or Take it to the Tip!

or Give it Away!

or Sell on Here as Spares or repairs.

As it may just need INK, give it to a charity case.

Edited by DeZeus
Acronym

The HP845c was the first printer I bought - back in 1998 - and was still going strong until a couple of years ago.

Yep, it was a beast of a printer, one of the best they ever made.  Expensive to run though.

Thank you DeZeus.  I looked on PCWorld webite concerning WEEEE and it would appear that, yes, they will take away your old whateveritis, but only if you are buying a NEW one from them.

Well, let's be thankful that at least they will do that, but I am not buying a new one from them, so I shall pursue other avenues you have suggested.  Thanks for replying.