Food Expired

Hi. I just bought a some tin food from Asda and is best before 24/09/2017 and got sick really now is there anybody to consider this issue for me please 

While I find it hard to believe that they missed a can on the shelves for over 2 years, even if they did providing the can was in good condition it wouldn’t make you ill...

“Due to tightly controlled procedures of commercial canning, cans that are in good condition are safe indefinitely and will never make you sick, even if the best-by date passes during home storage,” Goodwin tells The Takeout. 

Indefinitely? Like forever, forever ever? 

“Yes, a can that is 10-plus years old that is still in good condition is technically safe to eat,” Goodwin confirms‘’

From...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thetakeout.com/do-canned-foods-ever-expire-1832335750/amp

So if you’ve been sick it’s probably just a coincidence.

Take the can, along with the receipt etc back to the store. Theyll be able to check the barcode to make sure you have actually just bought it.
Either that or take photos and email them.

The other option is to contact Environmental Health.

Edited by nikki-red

58 minutes ago, mickey finn said:

Don't buy out of date food.

😅 sorry to the OP but this was funny,     well I thought so .

1 hour ago, Farzad said:

Hi. I just bought a some tin food from Asda and is best before 24/09/2017 and got sick really now is there anybody to consider this issue for me please 

Why would you register on a forum to ask this? You bought it from Asda, can you not figure out where you should go to complain and get the issue resolved? If you're ill go to the doctors.

12 hours ago, probedb said:

Why would you register on a forum to ask this? You bought it from Asda, can you not figure out where you should go to complain and get the issue resolved? If you're ill go to the doctors.

A sympathetic post😀

Are you looking at the right string of numbers? None of sample I took (My cupboard) have a specific date, only a month and year.

Best of luck, let us know how you go on. Who knows? Every scammer that finds an out of date tin at the back of his cupboard could be about to cash in.

5 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Are you looking at the right string of numbers? None of sample I took (My cupboard) have a specific date, only a month and year.

Correct.

On a can, there would only be month and year.

Think Farzad has got it wrong.

Did it say Pedigree Chum or Felix on the can?

Thought you could eat food from a tin no matter what year it was canned. :huh:

Was the can damaged in any way?  Apparently, even if dented, this can sometimes cause very tiny perforations.

Also, the 6 figure date format that was mentioned  24.09.17 seems more likley to be the date manufactured.

Just curious- what food was in the can?

Hope you start to feel better soon. Try a few tbl spoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Very good for killing bacteria in the stomach.