Technology Has Now Made Me Feel Retired!

I fear technology has now FINALLY  moved on, sadly I'm finally admitting I'm stuck....

Locally - Has anyone any experience with AEFI or UEFI  Configuration on a Tiny PC,

Please Assist Me!

Edited by DeZeus
Correction to Acronym

Depends on the issue, what's the problem you're having?

Hi All,. 

I recently purchased a Used Shuttle Business PC Machine

(40Gb HD previously wiped via Blancco without OS)

I Added NEW OS with - Win 10 Pro - original Download + Key, 64 bit

Now I'm in the Position - Windows 10 needs repair stuck in Blue Screen

where I can't get to the Tools on my Flash Drive, with no exit from blue screen?

Windows 10 has a few options for recovery..

The first, - turn off the PC, and power it back on, as soon as the dotted circle loading thing shows, turn it off, and back on again - do this 3 or 4 times and it should kick it into repair, eventually this will take you to a menu where you can get further recovery options (safemode, command prompt, restart and retry, and even full 'reset this pc')

You could also, go to the BIOS (usually DEL, or F2 and such) and change that to boot from the USB Stick, and just reinstall that way...

You could also, try the boot menu key (often F8, F12 or ESC) instead of the BIOS key!

Need help. What language is this ?

cheers

Did you get and use the Microsoft 1909 USB Media Creator to make the install USB drive?

In the BIOS, what are the setting on the Secure Boot section?

Did you use the Advanced part of the setup and delete all old partitions on the 40GB internal drive? I know you said it was wiped but it might still have old partition information on it.

Can you give us and idea of the specs of the PC? (A link to the make/model would be a big help)

What type of drive is it? (m-SATA, 2.5" SSD, 2.5" mechanical etc) The 40GB drive might cause issues. It is quite small, a 120 SSD can be bought for under £20.

Thanks, for your suggestions, Ghozer, Zach,  Which seem worth trying, So Far,

The wiping was done, by the company selling item, which they claimed was to industry standards, like several times xxxxxxx cleared, then initialised.

Yes I remember making a new partition & Reformatting, prior to installing, however it is some Years since me formatting a drive under MSDOS. Plus I recall I could not utilise the /s switch, as it said this no longer applied.

However I have since detected a fault of the LAN Port not working, so the Vendor is kindly sending me a replacement unit. I'll see how it goes! With replacement.

SHUTTLE XS35V2L PC - INTEL ATOM D525 @ 1.80GHZ, 4GB RAM, 40GB SSD (NO OS)

ITEM DESCRIPTION

Product Details

• Make - Shuttle

• Model - XS35V2L

• CPU -  Intel Atom D525 @ 1.80GHz

• RAM - 4GB

• Storage - 40GB SSD

No mouse and keyboard included. Comes with PSU.

Intel Atom - I wouldn't even trust it to play 1080p Youtube smoothly! 😕

How much did you pay, and what are you hoping to use it for?

Also, i'll be surprised if you don't struggle with that 40GB SSD, Windows 10 uses around 20GB Just for an install, then you have Program Files and such to consider....

I was just looking through the specs on here

As I said in my first reply, and Ghozers reply, the 40GB SSD will most likely start causing you problems with Windows 10 Pro. The spec of the PC is quite low but it doesn't mean it's not possible. You will be limited to what it will do by the hardware, a rough guess is that it's over 8 years old and built to be a low power PC. If you didn't want to put any more money into it, Linux may be a better choice of OS. An idea of what you intend to use if for would help but you need to keep in mind that upgrades are very limited as the CPU is soldered down and the RAM is at its limits.

Ok, okay Guys - I'll come clean, I paid very little for it £20 +post

I had bought it to try Linux on, but my better half expressed a desire to practice on Win 10 for work, and her birthday was coming up! So my inner Scrooge got the better of me!

8 hours ago, DeZeus said:

Ok, okay Guys - I'll come clean, I paid very little for it £20 +post

I had bought it to try Linux on, but my better half expressed a desire to practice on Win 10 for work, and her birthday was coming up! So my inner Scrooge got the better of me!

Nothing wrong with that, £20 +P&P seems OK for a small project PC

It's just a case of respecting what it is and what it will do with the parts included.