Freeview Region For Emley Moor Transmitter

My aerial points to Emley Moor and have recently retuned.  There are two options for region offered, South Yorkshire or Yorkshire.

My Sony TV defaulted to Yorkshire but the Youview box to South Yorkshire.

The South Yorkshire gives fewer channels (the HD ones in the 100's mainly missing).

The signal strength is showing at 80% with signal quality 100%

Is there a correct region or is it just use Yorkshire if all the channels are received ok?

Edited by ChrisIB

You’re lucky I’ve lost most HD channels whichever I set it to,just go with the one you prefer.

It generally doesn't matter, except if you're on "Yorkshire" you may not get "look north" you may get something else, or you may not get "ITV S.Yorkshire" etc...

That's all the regions are used for really, regional content/programming! :)

but if it's working, then you're fine... 

and as for *Wallace* - I know there was lots of HD channels removed recently, mostly the "+1" channels, but I know the likes of BBC News HD was also removed....

I have the same tuning issues, I have to retune my Youview box at least once a week, sometimes more, this has only been for the past year or so.   I know it is partially weather dependent, when we have high winds or fog I lose at least 50% of my channels.

Every time I retune I get different area options to select, last night was just Yorkshire or South Yorkshire, sometimes I also get East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.  I never know which one to go with as they all seem as bad as each other!   My reception is now very poor on many channels, even with an aerial booster, so I can no longer record programmes but have to watch them on the catch up apps.

Frustrating!!

36 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

and as for *Wallace* - I know there was lots of HD channels removed recently, mostly the "+1" channels, but I know the likes of BBC News HD was also removed....

Really?

You'd think in these modern times that SD would be phased out by now. I wouldn't imagine there's many TVs still going that won't be at least 720p, IMO that should be the minimum. Mind you, not much help when you're watching a 30 year old repeat of a repeat!

16 minutes ago, zach said:

Really?

You'd think in these modern times that SD would be phased out by now. I wouldn't imagine there's many TVs still going that won't be at least 720p, IMO that should be the minimum. Mind you, not much help when you're watching a 30 year old repeat of a repeat!

Yup, here's a link with the info... (couldn't find it earlier)

https://www.freeview.co.uk/5-feb-2020-changes-freeview-channel-line-sheffield-area

33 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Yup, here's a link with the info... (couldn't find it earlier)

https://www.freeview.co.uk/5-feb-2020-changes-freeview-channel-line-sheffield-area

I'll have a read of the link but wasn't implying you were wrong ;)

I just find it crazy that TV seems to be going backwards or at best, standing still. Without getting into the whole BBC licence stuff again, the funding/income that TV companies have and they still think low res is good enough...that's what I think is madness! And to start cutting back on the few full HD we have, well, it just about sums them all up (All as in freeview/freesat type ones)

At least the thread answers why I've had the same trouble as above. I went for South Yorkshire and channels went missing!

1 minute ago, zach said:

I'll have a read of the link but wasn't implying you were wrong ;)

Ah, I didn't think you were implying such, was just providing the link as I couldn't find it for my last reply, and there's a list of affected channels there too for reference :)

I can't get a decent signal with my Dab radio or my old Denon reciever recently, just mostly white noise xcept for Hallam FM, (NO'OOO!)

used to be fine