Uk Shared Prosperity Fund - What Should We Request?

18 hours ago, Longcol said:

And from the same document

"At the moment, we only know what the full budget of the Department of Health and Social Care will be until 2020/21. In 2019/20 and 2020/21 spending on non-NHS services will fall by over 12%, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies.

We can also look at the percentage increase in spending each year between 2018/19 and 2023/24 and compare that to historical trends. Looked at this way the increase is set to be around 3.3% per year according to the Health Foundation. That’s above the average annual increases over the last decade, but below the historic average of 3.7% per year since the NHS was founded."

Which suggests to me that we're going to see elements of social care funding (mental health, learning difficulties) switched from local authorities to the NHS.

And the "increases" are only "big" compared to the austerity programme of the last 10 years.

None of which detracts from my point that Funky_Gibbon was dishing up fake news unchecked.

9 hours ago, geared said:

What do they say?  "Never trust a Tory"

Looks like we get to find out the hard way.

It's alright, they'll blame somebody else.

On 05/02/2020 at 16:06, Baron99 said:

Reading today in the "i" newspaper, that there are proposals for a "UK Shared Prosperity Fund", worth £2.1, to pay for / kick start projects around the UK. 

I'll use the £2.1 and have half a Guinness please... It won't pay for, but it'll kick start my Friday night drinking project around town. 

Reading today in the "i" newspaper, that there are proposals for a "UK Shared Prosperity Fund", worth £2.1, to pay for / kick start projects around the UK.

Of course that should be £2.1 billion.