Sheffield blue plaque locations

Hello

any one know how I can find out where all the blue plaque house are in and around Sheffield,ie where famous people lived such as Michael Palin etc etc

Hope you can help

Regards

Paul

Hi Chaddamp

I will suggest 3 points of contact

Sheffield Central Library          The Town Hall reception      Sheffield City Council             

3 hours ago, Chaddamp said:

Hello

any one know how I can find out where all the blue plaque house are in and around Sheffield,ie where famous people lived such as Michael Palin etc etc

Hope you can help

Regards

Paul

I don’t know who decides where blue plaques are placed, but the old trade directories of Sheffield give an insight  to where the great Sheffield names lived, on College Street, a street of small terraced houses, Samuel Plimsols mother lived in one of them, just round the corner on Clarkehouse Road, lived actor Patrick McGoohan as a child. I trace these houses of the movers and shakers of 19 th century Sheffield 

Edited by lazarus

English Heritage , go on their plaque schemes place and look under Yorkshire 

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

I don’t know who decides where blue plaques are placed, but the old trade directories of Sheffield give an insight  to where the great Sheffield names lived, on College Street, a street of small terraced houses, Samuel Plimsols mother lived in one of them, just round the corner on Clarkehouse Road, lived actor Patrick McGoohan as a child. I trace these houses of the movers and shakers of 19 th century Sheffield 

I saw Patrick McGoohan once when I popped into The Stone House one afternoon. He was reading a newspaper while sitting at a table. 

His first job was working was in the old bank on George Street, now a cinema, in the 18th century it was a well used coffer house.

Didn't Charlie Peace come from Darnal near the rolling mills?

I remember him being in a comic in the 50s/60s

9 hours ago, Chaddamp said:

many many thanks to you all !!

3 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Edited by jaffa1

4 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Didn't Charlie Peace come from Darnal near the rolling mills?

I remember him being in a comic in the 50s/60s

I don't think he merits a blue plaque, lol.