Quotes

'Stay away from negative people,  they have a problem for every solution'

Albert Einstein

Posted (edited)

'No response is a response,  and a powerful one'

Albert Einstein

Edited by cressida

Posted (edited)

Comedian, Stuart Lee on Twitter, which he hates.  He doesn't have an account but he's mentioned numerous times in other people's accounts in inane tweets, when spotted out & about in daily life. 

Twitter user, "Just seen Stuart Lee in the street in Highbury, eating a falafel.  He looks fat."

Sturt Lee, "Twitter is like a State security agency staffed by gullible volunteers.  A Stasi for the Angry Birds generation."

Edited by Baron99

Posted (edited)

Edited by Baron99

Posted (edited)

'Have we reached the ultimate absurdity where some people are held responsible 

for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible

for what they themselves are doing today'

Thomas Sowell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowell

Edited by cressida

In reply to this quote from Don Marquis.

'In the perfect state, every person shall have at least ten years of easy, carefree, living before he dies'

Clough Williams - Ellis (builder of Portmeirion) observes and I quote his words from the forward of his book 

'Around the World in Ninety Years'     (Circa 1978)

Well at handsomely over ninety, I have, In all probability, already had the last ten years of my life, and they have certainly been 'easy carefree and happy' to a miracle; a mere continuation indeed of the last century to the mid-seventies. My surprising 90th birthday some years ago now, was greeted by kind friends with 'bravado ! Now for the 100th' But why? I am entirely content with my still reasonable score, as how should I not be, in that, over all, fate has been so kind? Inevitably, one's faculties must decline, and old age, soon or late, brings them to a nadir, when their inadequacy must infuriate oneself and become burdensome to one's friends. With a merciful exit to hand, let no-one dare obstruct it. for I regard dying as no more than a most interesting once-for-all experience, the 'Finis' at the end of one's book of life. Inevitably, one leaves something behind one-good or Ill-that, if only microscopically, remains embedded in humanity's total experience, if no more significantly than one grain of sand in the whole Sahara. Amid humanity's hubbub, one small squeak has been mine, pleading the cause of beauty. I may have done little good, but I am not conscious of having done much harm, and, I shall enter oblivion with complete composure, my last words, if any:

'Cherish the past, Adorn the Present and Construct for the Future.'

OK, Its a bit deep but I found this so profound.

Unfortunately he didn't go on to reach his 100th Birthday and died the same year as writing the book in 1978 at the age of 94.

Stay Safe,

Read Well,

What is this life, if there’s no space,

To touch a loved one face to face ?

What is this life if full of care,

We have no time to stop and stare?

Cast adrift

In an open boat

With only the sea

To keep us

Afloat

Spike Milligna, well-known spelling mistake.

In Awe, I sit watching the Waxing Moon Ride Across the Zenith of the Heavens,

like an Amber Chariot towards the Ebony Void of Infinite Space, wherein the thered belts of Jupiter and Mars hang for ever Festooned in their ordital Majesty -  and as I looked at all this Wonderment  I think to my self  -

'I Must Put a New Roof on this Outside Toilet !'

Las Dawson

Life’s biggest tragedy

is that we get old too soon

and wise too late.”