Quotes

Listen up, ladies and gentlemen. Our fugitive has been on the run for 90 minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground, barring injuries, is 4 miles-an-hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive’s name is Dr. Richard Kimble. Go get him.

If you're going to say the above, it's got to be said with a deep Texan drawl. 

Alternatively, in your best Cockney; "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" 

There's so many from 'Local Hero', but "I wonder what the poor people are doing tonight" always makes me smile.

MATURITY is learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self-respect, values,

morals or self-worth

www.helenmbarry.com

"Each time a women stands up for herself without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women."

Maya Angelou

When  the white missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land.

They said ' Let us pray . ' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.

Desmond Tutu.

I've thought more and more these days that what this forum really needs is an 'idiot filter'. Some posts across many threads would have me pulling out my hair if I had any.  With that in mind it's prudent to apply the mental brakes and remember Carl Hiaasen's observation:

"One problem with age is that patience begins to ebb".

So true Carl, so true. Deep breaths....deep breaths.....

Lawyers believe a man is innocent until proven broke.

Robin Hall

May you live to be a 100 and may the last voice you hear is mine. Sinatra.

"A man, to be greatly good, must imagine intensely and comprehensively; he must put himself in the place of another and of many others; the pains and pleasures of his species must become his own". Percy Bysshe Shelley.

Spoken hundreds of years ago, yet still relevant to the strivings of those trying to promote a ‘be kind’ society.

Life's tragedy  is that we get old too soon and wise  too late.

You learned the two greatest thing in life, never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

Robert de Niro

6 hours ago, cressida said:

You learned the two greatest thing in life, never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

Robert de Niro

What a philosopher. If you do the second, you've done the first.

24 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

What a philosopher. If you do the second, you've done the first.

:hihi::hihi: