Another Reported Terrorist Attack In London

Just now, retep said:

What do you expect when taking up office they get a note saying "I'm afraid there is no money"

I expect them to run the country safely and effectively.

For example, they could have taxed their mates properly and spent some of the Google/Apple/Amazon billions on schools and police.

They were the Government, after all

Anyway, this guy must have wanted to be shot- wearing a suicide vest usually only has one ending.

30 minutes ago, retep said:

What do you expect when taking up office they get a note saying "I'm afraid there is no money"

Well seeing as government spending is currently running at over £800 billion a year I think there is some money - oh, and that's up from the £670 billion spend in 2010.

https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/total_spending_2010UKbn

Edited by Longcol

The last two attacks seem to have been orchestrated by individuals who have convinced authorities that they have been rehabilitated with one of them targeting the organisation/workers implementing the rehab scheme. Arguments re funding aside how can the assessment process be made more reliable?

8 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I’ve only posted facts if you look carefully at my writing.

Numbers of police lost. Numbers of prison officers lost. Number of years of Tory austerity. All facts.

You never did like real facts though.

Of the adult prisoners released 30% reoffended within a year, I would say cuts to prisons and rehabilitation is the problem. If you place a number of terrorists in the same wing of a jail ....

The Police did well to catch this offender within a few minutes.

8 hours ago, Longcol said:

Well seeing as government spending is currently running at over £800 billion a year I think there is some money - oh, and that's up from the £670 billion spend in 2010.

https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/total_spending_2010UKbn

Are you saying austerity is media hype !!

Edited by El Cid

On 05/02/2020 at 07:19, El Cid said:

Of the adult prisoners released 30% reoffended within a year, I would say cuts to prisons and rehabilitation is the problem. If you place a number of terrorists in the same wing of a jail ....

The Police did well to catch this offender within a few minutes.

Are you saying austerity is media hype !!

He was being followed by plain clothes officers due to the fact he was seen as a terrorism risk. I don't think the police could have responded so quickly if that had not been the case. 

On 06/02/2020 at 09:36, Robin-H said:

He was being followed by plain clothes officers due to the fact he was seen as a terrorism risk. I don't think the police could have responded so quickly if that had not been the case. 

Which just shows how barmy the system is.

We release a prisoner who is so dangerous that we also have to assign armed officers to tail him.

And now we have teams of lawyers lining up to oppose changes in the law to correct this craziness. Maybe they should be sent to meet the families of previous attacks.