Another Reported Terrorist Attack In London

37 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The Government need to spend more money on building more prisons and recruiting more prison officers to keep convicted terrorists locked up and to keep the public safer

Twenty years ago we had many fewer people serving life sentances, whats going wrong that you want to increase the numbers still further? Is it solely terrorism?

I would prefer to lock people up less, but they should be released because we think they are reformed people, not because we cannot afford the jails.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Where do you propose to deport Britons to?

As for the state of the UK's criminal justice system, I'd suggest The Secret Barrister's excellent book on the topic (Stories of the Law and how it's broken, IIRC), together with Chris Atkins' very recent 'A bit of a stretch'.  

Might open your eyes enough, to wonder what have the Conservatives been doing about it all for the last 10 years (before red tops and other MSM mouthpieces get you to believe it's all the fault of lawyers, immigrants, muslims, the ECHR, Remainers, the EU, ...).

they are often second or third generation British citizens?  . They go to jail. They get out. They do it again. And the British taxpayer cannot provide a plain clothed team to watch all of them. 
This, ie radicalised Muslims, will be an ongoing problem in Britain for many decades to come. I doubt I will see a solution in my lifetime
britons ?you mean the ones who burn their passports as soon as they get to an arabic country to fight the infidel 
Perhaps a prison island as remote as possible? I hear it's been done before! ;)

or the desert, somewhere in  Arabia may be appropriate for jihadists who hate infidels.
Go ahead open my eyes explain to me why its the fault of the torys.

21 minutes ago, frigate said:
 they are often second or third generation British citizens?  . They go to jail. They get out. They do it again. And the British taxpayer cannot provide a plain clothed team to watch all of them. 
This, ie radicalised Muslims, will be an ongoing problem in Britain for many decades to come. I doubt I will see a solution in my lifetime
britons ?you mean the ones who burn their passports as soon as they get to an arabic country to fight the infidel 

or the desert, somewhere in  Arabia may be appropriate for jihadists who hate infidels.

Because they've been in charge of the country for 10 years. Whose fault do you think it is?

50 minutes ago, frigate said:
Go ahead open my eyes explain to me why its the fault of the torys

Ah, I see.

I wasn't sure, in view of your earlier posts (giving you the benefit of the doubt and all that), but it's rather clear now.

Not particularly bothered about opening your eyes, tbh. People who distinguish between britons and  "sub-britons", like you do in the above, are rarely worth the time and effort, regrettably.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Because they've been in charge of the country for 10 years. Whose fault do you think it is?

or apart from a 10 year blip where Nu labore was in charge, and the couple of years where the Lib dems were locked in a cupboard in downing street, theyve been in power and charge of the country for 33 years?

4 hours ago, L00b said:

Where do you propose to deport Britons to?

Off the mortal coil like police did with this one?

Edited by Resident

4 hours ago, frigate said:

It will take a better man than me to truly open your blinkered eyes, but let’s try to make a start.

If the Cameron government hadn’t repealed Blunkett’s IPP law, then it would still be possible to imprison terrorists indefinitely.

Another example of Tory cost cutting putting the public in danger.

9 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

If the Cameron government hadn’t repealed Blunkett’s IPP law, then it would still be possible to imprison terrorists indefinitely.

In 2012 the IPP sentence for new cases was abolished by the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act, although over 6,000 prison inmates remained imprisoned for public protection; over 4,600 remained as of June 2015, and over 3,000 remained as of 2017. Three-quarters of them had completed their minimum term, and hundreds had served five times the minimum. The government's policy was that IPP prisoners should remain in prison until it is deemed that the risks they pose if released are manageable. Some of the alleged victims of John Worboys whose cases were not taken up by the Crown Prosecution Service were assured that the IPP sentence in effect meant a life sentence.

16 hours ago, Resident said:

Off the mortal coil like police did with this one?

If they are in the middle of a terror act and not surrendering to police, sure.

But then, that wasn't frigate's contention, was it?

He was on about thought crimes, not terror acts (as you well know if you read the thread).

So, execution for thought crimes, is your solution. Nice society, that.

Any advances on that? Anyone?

Edited by L00b

14 hours ago, Pettytom said:

It will take a better man than me to truly open your blinkered eyes, but let’s try to make a start.

"In 2012, the sentence was abolished under the Coalition government thanks to a European Court ruling that claimed it violated human rights."

32 minutes ago, retep said:

"In 2012, the sentence was abolished under the Coalition government thanks to a European Court ruling that claimed it violated human rights."

Amman, the terrorist in question, grew up and was radicalised in the UK governed by Johnson's party.

Amman was convicted and sentenced under legislation in force  in the UK governed by Johnson's party.

Amman was imprisoned and 'rehabilitated' in prisons, the budget of which was cut by 40%  in the UK governed by Johnson's party.

By yeah, let's blame the ECHR :rolleyes:

By the way: should the UK do *anything* towards repealing the relevance and jurisdiction of the ECHR, and the EU27 shall immediately halt any and all judiciary cooperation with the UK without any notice. That's in black and white in the WA (which Johnson signed willingly, lest people forget). You can take that as blackmail (or whatever else tbh)  if you wish, doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the outcomes (no more terror suspects info, no more extradition warrants, no more <etc>).

Edited by L00b