Blades Hit A Very Important Benchmark Of The Season!

So, this evening we sit on a staggering 36 points already!

Many said that we would receive a hammering every week and many of the so called pundits had us down as instant relegation fodder!

So it is both refreshing and ironic that with 13 games left to play, we sit in 5th position in the Premier League, having not really taken a hammering off anyone! We've played everyone and nobody has outclassed us plural, if anything we've lost games solely on the opponents attacking quality. 

Soooo......Back to that historic benchmark!

If the history of the Premier League is anything to go by, then a win at Bournemouth should be enough to secure another season in this division. I mean personally I wouldn't want to tempt fate and stick with that target, I preferably would like at least another 12-15 points before even thinking about safety. We need to quickly knock together them final points, then we can kick on and see just where we can finish in this league!

Absolutely fantastic Sheffield United! Bloody love you this team!!

I don't think it's tempting fate at all. I think we've been safe for weeks actually and i'm usually  a pessimist where the Blades are concerned. As you point out we've not had one hammering whereas most clubs have had them. Didn't Chelsea lose their first game heavily.

We've had a solid defence since day one which has been the key for me. The players from last season to a man have made a smooth transition to a higher level as they did in 2017, (remember the jibes from Wednesday fans).

Lundstrams improvement was nothing short of astonishing in the close season, it was like signing a seasoned and expensive player. Didzy has been the key further up the field for me, adds something no one else can provide, that's why I've been concerned about his absence from the team. Our other player that could have done it was Duffy, he was so comfortable on the ball, and could slow and calm things down. 

It it would be wrong to single out one player from the rest.

I reckon good recruitment for a goalkeeper would be crucial for next season. Obviously we'd all love Hendo but I think he's got eyes on another role.

As for the January recruits, who knows yet. We've barely used Osborne or Freeman since August. 

Only disappointment has been C. Robinson.

Love to see a good cup run. Chelsea are catchable in 4th position. 

Our fixtures are favorable for the run in.

UTB

I don't want to disappoint everyone  but according to a post on Twitter:

Statistically if Liverpool win their next game Sheffield United mathematically can’t win the Premier League title....

Totally agree cmonkes and Ridgewalk.. It's been a great return to the Prem and the way the team has coped has disappointed many a Wednesdayite and Pundit!!  My only disappointment is as Ridgewalk says we should really be looking to sign a first rate Goalie, Henderson would be a great coup.  UTB !!

1 hour ago, kevvy said:

Totally agree cmonkes and Ridgewalk.. It's been a great return to the Prem and the way the team has coped has disappointed many a Wednesdayite and Pundit!!  My only disappointment is as Ridgewalk says we should really be looking to sign a first rate Goalie, Henderson would be a great coup.  UTB !!

We’ve gotten lucky with this gem. Hope the management have identified a suitable replacement, although would be great to keep him. The better he plays the more in demand he’s gonna be

Just wondering.....

Come on you boffins, how long since the Blades were higher than 5th in the football league, would imagine its way back to the days of the old 1st division....