Roof Space With Lapsed Planning Permission In Auction

The planning permission only lapsed last month, but is it possible to have pp extended? Could there be any repurcussions or reasons for the Council to object, if the same plans were submitted, albeit the original plans have lapsed? 

... Or could work still go ahead, then apply for retrospective planning permission? 

Edited by poppet2

No do it properly and apply again and you already know that so why ask  .

Well, I wondered if there was any exceptions for planning that had only lapsed for a short period. In other words is it common for councils to extend planning permission under such circumstances, rather than go through the whole process from scratch? 

Re. Retrospective planning, why would such laws exist if they weren't to be used? Especially in this case when planning only lapsed a month ago!!! 

Edited by poppet2

Retrospective can be what if property changed hands etc. This is not a cheap way to do things most likely you will have to pull work  down for inspector to look at work covered up  . Insulation done correctly a big thing for inspectors and to show correct beams have been used and have pad stones been used under such. Not only planning but building control to inspect at stages etc.

When buying a house make sure it has been through planning and inspector has signed it off 

You can always phone planning explain your cercumstances you might get lucky have a good excuse ready worth a shot

Try town hall   planning 2735313  or building control 2734231  its a long time 

since i   used there numbers  but sure they will put you sort you out 

Edited by spider1

25 minutes ago, spider1 said:

You can always phone planning explain your cercumstances you might get lucky have a good excuse ready worth a shot

Yes, I may just ring planning out of curiosity. I discovered today that the roof space was in the auction last year while planning was still valid, so I don't understand why they allowed it to lapse. By Re-submitting it, to get planning, it would be worth far more. 

Edited by poppet2

55 minutes ago, poppet2 said:

Yes, I may just ring planning out of curiosity. I discovered today that the roof space was in the auction last year while planning was still valid, so I don't understand why they allowed it to lapse. By Re-submitting it, to get planning, it would be worth far more. 

Yes my son jn law did an extention about 3 years ago cost about 250 pounds for.planning did on  line probably  / when you phone ask them to send you a letter  if they  grant it 

Edited by spider1

It's odd because the Citizens advice website states that planning permission can last 5 years! 

15 minutes ago, poppet2 said:

It's odd because the Citizens advice website states that planning permission can last 5 years! 

Yes planning but not building control if you are doing an ext for example depth of dig and  d p c have to be inspected. He did his ext 3 years ago .Dont keep reading things on the net ask a builder 

Edited by spider1

22 hours ago, spider1 said:

I rang planning today. Even though planning lapsed only three weeks ago, all plans have to be re - submitted. Even then, there is no guarantee you will get planning again.  Laws have changed in the interim, other buildings have been erected and planning for other buildings may be in the pipeline. However, it sold at auction from £33K to £155k.

Edited by poppet2