Jump to content

Palace V Blades

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

He can have all the pace in the world but if he doesn't have an end product then it means nothing. Reckon you'll win today, palace aren't much kop

Remember Trenton Wiggan & Adrian Littlejohn?  Both of these could have  given Usain Bolt a good run for his money.... but competent footballers? 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Luck Gods were certainly shining on the Blades today. Probably evens things up for all the VAR stuff we've had against us. 

 

Just watched the Blades on MOTD.  Thanks, Agent Guaita for sneaking that goal in for us. 

 

On the basis of what I've seen on MOTD, the 1st half must have been poor as the highlights of the half lasted about 20 second & Baldock should have definitely received a straight red for his foul on Bentecke. 

 

I've mentioned it before but it's still a concern that the strikers aren't putting the ball in the net on a regular basis.  Thank God for defence & Henderson. 

 

Take a look at the table, (I can't believe we're 5th), Blades on +3 goals, scored 26, Chelsea above us on +9, scored 43,Man U, a place below, on +7, scored 36.

 

I think if we get 3 points against Bournemouth next Sunday, then we're just about safe for next season but the striker issue definitely needs addressing?

 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

He can have all the pace in the world but if he doesn't have an end product then it means nothing. Reckon you'll win today, palace aren't much kop

What makes you think he doesn't have an end product ?  Palace are an established Premier League club who won at City last season and drew there this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

What makes you think he doesn't have an end product ?  Palace are an established Premier League club who won at City last season and drew there this season

I don't know if he has or not, never seen him play in the premiership. JJ had blistering pace for us but could never consistently play well. Can't judge him just on pace is all I mean, he could still be decent but I've never seen him play to offer an opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three points, fifth in the Premier League, some interesting new signings, great time to be a Blade.

 

Berge looked good, Lundstram was great when he came on, Mousset showed some good touches as well as his pace and power.  Dean Henderson on 9 clean sheets, and only Liverpool have conceded less goals than us this season.  Rock solid defence and keeper.

 

First half was nothing to write home about,  and if Palace had any creativity, they could have been a goal or two up, but the pattern of "get the ball to Zaha" never changed, so everyone pretty much knew what they were going to do all the time. 

 

Up the Blades!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Three points, fifth in the Premier League, some interesting new signings, great time to be a Blade.

 

Berge looked good, Lundstram was great when he came on, Mousset showed some good touches as well as his pace and power.  Dean Henderson on 9 clean sheets, and only Liverpool have conceded less goals than us this season.  Rock solid defence and keeper.

 

First half was nothing to write home about,  and if Palace had any creativity, they could have been a goal or two up, but the pattern of "get the ball to Zaha" never changed, so everyone pretty much knew what they were going to do all the time. 

 

Up the Blades!

Isn't get the ball to zaha their game plan every game, don't know what they'll do when he goes. Said you'd win, even though the luck was definately in your favour but they all count. Pretty much safe now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent day out probably not the best game this season but all that counts 

is the massive 3 points brilliant atmosphere from the blades  all good

just a negative what a terrible ground to visit it’s a dump 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacklev1 said:

Excellent day out probably not the best game this season but all that counts 

is the massive 3 points brilliant atmosphere from the blades  all good

just a negative what a terrible ground to visit it’s a dump 

 

Wonder if it's changed much since the first time I was there ? I hitch hiked for a Saturday afternoon game in 1972, raining non stop, match was postponed at 2-45 pm due to waterlogged pitch. The things you do

4 hours ago, Grappler said:

Three points, fifth in the Premier League, some interesting new signings, great time to be a Blade.

 

Berge looked good, Lundstram was great when he came on, Mousset showed some good touches as well as his pace and power.  Dean Henderson on 9 clean sheets, and only Liverpool have conceded less goals than us this season.  Rock solid defence and keeper.

 

First half was nothing to write home about,  and if Palace had any creativity, they could have been a goal or two up, but the pattern of "get the ball to Zaha" never changed, so everyone pretty much knew what they were going to do all the time. 

 

Up the Blades!

Pleased to here that about Lunny, needed a boost. Love Mousset, a class act, as you say, pace  and power.

 

I'd love to go to an away game before season ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilders doing very well, I hear the FA are keeping tabs if Southgate falters this summer, would be a great accolade for United to give the nation its next manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Wilders doing very well, I hear the FA are keeping tabs if Southgate falters this summer, would be a great accolade for United to give the nation its next manager.

Not a chance. Wilder doesn't fall into the 'blazer brigade' of the FA.

 

More like Eddie Howe will be there next choice. 

 

Chris is going nowhere. He's here to build a dynasty.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Not a chance. Wilder doesn't fall into the 'blazer brigade' of the FA.

 

More like Eddie Howe will be there next choice. 

 

Chris is going nowhere. He's here to build a dynasty.  

Howe's on a downward trajectory, the FA won't make the Clough mistake again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Wilders doing very well, I hear the FA are keeping tabs if Southgate falters this summer, would be a great accolade for United to give the nation its next manager.

Didnt know you had inside information from the FA!, still its good of you to keep us up to date with the goings on at bdtbl, while there's nothing going on at your club!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.