Potato Sack Compost

Hi i am growing some potatoes in sacks i have bought some tubers from wilko sacks from marshalls what's the best compost to use to plant my potatoes in 

On 30/01/2020 at 17:48, craigmason said:

Hi i am growing some potatoes in sacks i have bought some tubers from wilko sacks from marshalls what's the best compost to use to plant my potatoes in 

Get some well rotted manure from a garden centre. You can pick up three 50l bags for £10, spuds love manure.

i use manure and those £3 bags of compost from wilkos ,great result for me in dustbins

Its rather early to be sowing potatoes unless you can give frost protection.

Not sowing them they are sprouting on my kitchen windowsill going to plant them in march

Planting in March, make sure to have something to put over the emerging shoots if a frost is likely. A frost will probably knock back the growth meaning a later crop.

I never buy seed potatoes, I  just use left over spuds that have sprouted, I grow using the  previous years home compost, grown in a couple of bins,  I tend to get really good crops.

i aslo plant a tomato plant on top once the bin is full of compost, saves on space and the two crops get along really well?

5 hours ago, steve68 said:

I never buy seed potatoes, I  just use left over spuds that have sprouted, I grow using the  previous years home compost, grown in a couple of bins,  I tend to get really good crops.

i aslo plant a tomato plant on top once the bin is full of compost, saves on space and the two crops get along really well?

I always buy seed potatoes because you can get varieties that you can’t buy in the supermarket. First Earlies are my favorites.