Jump to content

SUFC new signings. £22 Million !

Recommended Posts

No way would I want to move away from Bramall Lane . Eventually the Kop and South Stand are gonna need a revamp but I can’t see us needing more than 5k extra seats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, atticus said:

No way would I want to move away from Bramall Lane . Eventually the Kop and South Stand are gonna need a revamp but I can’t see us needing more than 5k extra seats 

A 40k capacity stadium is big enough for either Sheffield sides. I can't see either being successful enough to merit much bigger than that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NERVY-OWL said:

A 40k capacity stadium is big enough for either Sheffield sides. I can't see either being successful enough to merit much bigger than that

Have to agree with that . It seems that away fans get allocated 3k tickets for most games in the prem. it’s a big ask for either Sheff club to shift 37k tickets on a regular basis even they are doing well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

A 40k capacity stadium is big enough for either Sheffield sides. I can't see either being successful enough to merit much bigger than that

Everybody in South Yorkshire will want to see the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern etc at little old Bramall Lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic, 

Morrison to boro- loan

Jake Wright gone - contract terminated 

Dewhirst to Carlisle - loan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incoming:

 

 Jack Rodwell, Jack Robinson, Sander Berge, a Greek, a Dutchman, LOL.

 

Too soon to  try  names.

 

Outgoing:

 

Jake Wright, Ravel Morrison, Callum Robinson, Keen Bryan,  Mark Duffy to den Haag, one or two other young uns I think including young goalie to Carlisle

 

 

4 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

A 40k capacity stadium is big enough for either Sheffield sides. I can't see either being successful enough to merit much bigger than that

Threads about the Blades

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Incoming:

 

 Jack Rodwell, Jack Robinson, Sander Berge, a Greek, a Dutchman, LOL.

 

Too soon to  try  names.

 

Outgoing:

 

Jake Wright, Ravel Morrison, Callum Robinson, Keen Bryan,  Mark Duffy to den Haag, one or two other young uns I think including young goalie to Carlisle

 

 

Threads about the Blades

I know, that's why I didn't reply to the playing Barcelona etc bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, atticus said:

Have to agree with that . It seems that away fans get allocated 3k tickets for most games in the prem. it’s a big ask for either Sheff club to shift 37k tickets on a regular basis even they are doing well 

Capacity at Hillsborough is about 32k now. And it's still only 2/3 full

18 hours ago, atticus said:

No way would I want to move away from Bramall Lane . Eventually the Kop and South Stand are gonna need a revamp but I can’t see us needing more than 5k extra seats 

Move away from the lane and you end up in one of these soulless new builds. 2 old stadiums in Sheffield, albeit ones had a bit of money spent on it since the mid 90's, one hasn't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three interesting signings, all young lads with potential, Chris Wilder building for the future.

 

Fifth place in arguably the world's best football league, a great foundation to build on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grappler said:

Three interesting signings, all young lads with potential, Chris Wilder building for the future.

 

Fifth place in arguably the world's best football league, a great foundation to build on. 

What a debacle by City. Missed a pen, pathetic  corner from Mahrez leading to a sending off for Zivchenko,  and a subsequent goal.

Down to sixth. Wilder out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking about attendances and a bit away from Sheffield, I read (on BBC website) that the attendance at the West Ham-Brighton game on Saturday was over 59,000 ! Can that be right for two teams swirling around the relegation drain ?

Edited by St Petre
add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Talking about attendances and a bit away from Sheffield, I read (on BBC website) that the attendance at the West Ham-Brighton game on Saturday was over 59,000 ! Can that be right for two teams swirling around the relegation drain ?

West Ham have the third highest average attendance in the Premiership, so probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.