SUFC new signings. £22 Million !

1 minute ago, NERVY-OWL said:

A 40k capacity stadium is big enough for either Sheffield sides. I can't see either being successful enough to merit much bigger than that

Have to agree with that . It seems that away fans get allocated 3k tickets for most games in the prem. it’s a big ask for either Sheff club to shift 37k tickets on a regular basis even they are doing well 

16 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

A 40k capacity stadium is big enough for either Sheffield sides. I can't see either being successful enough to merit much bigger than that

Everybody in South Yorkshire will want to see the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern etc at little old Bramall Lane.

Back on topic, 

Morrison to boro- loan

Jake Wright gone - contract terminated 

Dewhirst to Carlisle - loan

Incoming:

Jack Rodwell, Jack Robinson, Sander Berge, a Greek, a Dutchman, LOL.

Too soon to  try  names.

Outgoing:

Jake Wright, Ravel Morrison, Callum Robinson, Keen Bryan,  Mark Duffy to den Haag, one or two other young uns I think including young goalie to Carlisle

4 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Threads about the Blades

23 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Incoming:

Jack Rodwell, Jack Robinson, Sander Berge, a Greek, a Dutchman, LOL.

Too soon to  try  names.

Outgoing:

Jake Wright, Ravel Morrison, Callum Robinson, Keen Bryan,  Mark Duffy to den Haag, one or two other young uns I think including young goalie to Carlisle

Threads about the Blades

I know, that's why I didn't reply to the playing Barcelona etc bit

18 hours ago, atticus said:

Have to agree with that . It seems that away fans get allocated 3k tickets for most games in the prem. it’s a big ask for either Sheff club to shift 37k tickets on a regular basis even they are doing well 

Capacity at Hillsborough is about 32k now. And it's still only 2/3 full

18 hours ago, atticus said:

No way would I want to move away from Bramall Lane . Eventually the Kop and South Stand are gonna need a revamp but I can’t see us needing more than 5k extra seats 

Move away from the lane and you end up in one of these soulless new builds. 2 old stadiums in Sheffield, albeit ones had a bit of money spent on it since the mid 90's, one hasn't 

Three interesting signings, all young lads with potential, Chris Wilder building for the future.

Fifth place in arguably the world's best football league, a great foundation to build on. 

8 hours ago, Grappler said:

Three interesting signings, all young lads with potential, Chris Wilder building for the future.

Fifth place in arguably the world's best football league, a great foundation to build on. 

What a debacle by City. Missed a pen, pathetic  corner from Mahrez leading to a sending off for Zivchenko,  and a subsequent goal.

Down to sixth. Wilder out.

Talking about attendances and a bit away from Sheffield, I read (on BBC website) that the attendance at the West Ham-Brighton game on Saturday was over 59,000 ! Can that be right for two teams swirling around the relegation drain ?

Edited by St Petre
add

10 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Talking about attendances and a bit away from Sheffield, I read (on BBC website) that the attendance at the West Ham-Brighton game on Saturday was over 59,000 ! Can that be right for two teams swirling around the relegation drain ?

West Ham have the third highest average attendance in the Premiership, so probably.

Just been sent this.  A chant already for Sander Berge.  Rumour has it, it was 'penned' by Billy Sharp? 

To the tune of She's Electric by Oasis 

He's Norwegian

He plays for the Blades with John Egan

We're playing in Europe next season

It's Sander Berge. 

He's Norwegian

Norwood and Fleck are the reason

We're playing in Europe next season

With Sander Berge. 

Excellent. 

On 02/02/2020 at 20:37, St Petre said:

Thé big four London clubs have huge fan bases. Chelsea would also fill a 60,000 stadium 

Edited by Ridgewalk