SUFC new signings. £22 Million !

All we need now is an 80,000 seater super stadium.

It's less about "punching above your weight" and more about being where your squad is, together, playing as a team, in a system that works, most of them with a point to prove and a manager who was voted the best in the land by his peers,  and the other PL teams having overpaid, under performing "stars" with big heads, bought on over inflated fees with no incentive and nothing invested in a club they have no attachment to...  many many examples of the latter, few of the former.

Richard

1 hour ago, Vasquez Rich said:

It's less about "punching above your weight" and more about being where your squad is, together, playing as a team, in a system that works, most of them with a point to prove and a manager who was voted the best in the land by his peers,  and the other PL teams having overpaid, under performing "stars" with big heads, bought on over inflated fees with no incentive and nothing invested in a club they have no attachment to...  many many examples of the latter, few of the former.

Richard

To be fair it wasn't a dig, Wilder has got his team playing above and beyond what on paper they should be doing.

18 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

So have all three signed ?

I presume Besic is still with us?

That’s Jack Rodwell, Jack Robinson, Berge in.

Callum Robinson, Kean Bryan out on loan

Possible other two ?

Seismic change at the Lane.

A squad made up of English, Scots and Irish lads and all the craic that goes with it, now includes French, Norwegian, Croatian, possibly Dutch and Greek.

Hope they all gel

Mousset's English is coming on well he seems to get on well with the team. With the amount of 'local' lads in United team I always imagine Paul Whitehouses character Julio Inglesias. I keep expecting to see Moose switching between French and Northern more often. 

5 hours ago, Moistened said:

'22 million is a lot to spend on a foreigner no one has ever heard of' 

Even though anyone who follows football mildly outside their own club knows who the lad is! 

In next breath:

'22 million isn't even that much to PL clubs, dem Blades are still skint' 

Loving it 😂 

I've not heard of any of the 3 foreign players, but had heard of the likes of Fleck, Duffy etc.  

Zivkovic signing now confirmed.

However, like Berge, he appears to have no red cards....no fights with fans....or suspensions by his employer of late.

Really starting to question Wilders freebie choices now.

Edited by PapaLazarou

2 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Zivkovic signing now confirmed.

Another one with no red cards....no fights with fans....or suspensions by his employer.

First thing to look for in a player

Possibly of great significance, Man Utd have signed a keeper from Southend... a 20yo on a 2 and half year deal...

Richard

4 hours ago, Padders said:

All we need now is an 80,000 seater super stadium.

Let's be realistic.  In a 2 professional footballing city, a 50,000 capacity stadium would be more than suitable. 

Panagiotis Retsos in another we're supposedly close to signing. Greek defender from Bayer Leverkusen, he's struggled with injuries over the last couple of seasons, but Bayer bought him for 15 million before that! 

Only 21. Another potentially exciting signing! Looks like another loan with a view to buy. 

Edited by Moistened

No way would I want to move away from Bramall Lane . Eventually the Kop and South Stand are gonna need a revamp but I can’t see us needing more than 5k extra seats 

2 minutes ago, atticus said:

No way would I want to move away from Bramall Lane . Eventually the Kop and South Stand are gonna need a revamp but I can’t see us needing more than 5k extra seats 

A 40k capacity stadium is big enough for either Sheffield sides. I can't see either being successful enough to merit much bigger than that