SUFC new signings. £22 Million !

for a footballer ?  Looks like CW's got his man. Twenty one year old, a big lad 6ft 5in, allegedly, but doesn't look it. A midfielder. Two more signings imminent. 

So have all three signed ?

I presume Besic is still with us?

That’s Jack Rodwell, Jack Robinson, Berge in.

Callum Robinson, Kean Bryan out on loan

Possible other two ?

Seismic change at the Lane.

A squad made up of English, Scots and Irish lads and all the craic that goes with it, now includes French, Norwegian, Croatian, possibly Dutch and Greek.

Hope they all gel

Edited by Ridgewalk

Watched some of his clips on You Tube - he really is some player.

Well ,40 +  years supporting the Blades and these do feel like special times.

The lad from Norway looks like an exceptional talent and like Ridgewalk says lets hope the new signings buy in to the Wilder way and gel with the rest of the team.If they do then this will be the best squad of players we've had since the mid 70's ....at least.

Just now, atticus said:

Well ,40 +  years supporting the Blades and these do feel like special times.

The lad from Norway looks like an exceptional talent and like Ridgewalk says lets hope the new signings buy in to the Wilder way and gel with the rest of the team.If they do then this will be the best squad of players we've had since the mid 70's ....at least.

I think they are surpassing the 1970's team.  In fact I can see us under Wllder probably becoming the best team Sheffield as a city has ever seen. 

42 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

I think they are surpassing the 1970's team.  In fact I can see us under Wllder probably becoming the best team Sheffield as a city has ever seen. 

Blimey there’s a statement; let’s hope you’re even half right . I can’t get used to all this optimism to be honest , They’ve let me down far too many times 

What a signing Berge is, on the radar of teams like Liverpool and Napoli. Champions League experience, standing out against Europe's best. One of the best young prospects around. 

Can't quite believe we've managed it. 

Edited by Moistened

1 hour ago, atticus said:

Blimey there’s a statement; let’s hope you’re even half right . I can’t get used to all this optimism to be honest , They’ve let me down far too many times 

Difficult isn't it Atticus, optimism after a lifetime of failure and underachievement.

I'm a little bit wait and see as this is somewhat of a departure for CWAK who's CV has been stellar up to now. They are steeped in the traditions and culture of English football and Wilder epitomises this with his salt of the earth demeanour. We are on the cusp of a second season in the Prem and it would appear he's looking to take our club forward into a new chapter in our history. It seems that the Prince has bought into the project and financially backing the club.

J. Robinson by all accounts is perfect for our system and did well at Millwall. Besic should perhaps be given a start in place of Lunny who's normal high standards have dropped latterly. I'm a bit concerned as to what's happening with Didzy, we're not the same team without him.

As for this new lad Berge, the Premier League is a bit of a step up from the  level he's been playing at, may take a while for him to acclimatize, or maybe not ?

Still 24 hours of the transfer window left, i'm hoping that neither L. Freeman nor B. Osborne  go out on loan.

UTB

3 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Not a chance, they are punching above their weight and its very admirable but the Owls teams of the early 60 and early 90's will hold that mantle for a while yet.

7 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

The bold..... He has well and truly bought into the project, but let's remember who is gaining from it. This league one of, it not thee most lucrative in the world. Buying I to the project is solely a business move, with investment he will profit.

I understand this and I get it, we sure as hell arent able to remain continuously competitive without it..... All I ask is that he sticks to he words and understand and respects our fine club and fans. Money clouds judgement and I dont want any business moves thay prove long term costly.

The Prince watches loads of matches on TV all over the world, pleased he has invested at this time   Onwards and upwards  UTB

17 minutes ago, Moistened said:

'22 million is a lot to spend on a foreigner no one has ever heard of' 

Even though anyone who follows football mildly outside their own club knows who the lad is! 

In next breath:

'22 million isn't even that much to PL clubs, dem Blades are still skint' 

Loving it 😂 

Well  Jurgen klopp had  and he has been well k own one of the best young talents in Europe 

This thread isnt about Sheffield Wednesday.

Stay on topic please.