Newsreader Alistair Stewart Steps Down (Sacked)

I'm  not into Shakespeare but when I read it,  excuse  my ignorance but I couldn't  make head or tail of what he was suppose to be meaning  so how could anyone fish a bit of racism  out of that?

As John Wayne once said "Who wrote this <removed> anyway?" 

Edited by nikki-red

Stewart's (now ex colleague), Ranvir Singh, has thrown her full support behind him. 

I'd still say If he's guilty of anything, it's trying to believe that quoting a bit of Shakespeare in the middle of an argument, gives him some kind of superiority boost to his ego in trying to get one over Martin Shapland?  Nothing else. 

However, as is the way of the world today, his employer has run scared at the first sign of controversy. 

Just had a look at the latest news on this & there's increasing support for Stewart & even Martin Shapland is now saying that Stewart should not have been forced to stand down. 

Well maybe he should have thought of that before sending weeks old tweets to ITN & strangly to the 'Tell MAMA' organisation, for some reason or other, which has been set up to monitor anti-Muslim attacks? 

Edited by Baron99

58 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Stewart's (now ex colleague), Ranvir Singh, has thrown her full support behind him. 

I'd still say If he's guilty of anything, it's trying to believe that quoting a bit of Shakespeare in the middle of an argument, gives him some kind of superiority boost to his ego in trying to get one over Martin Shapland?  Nothing else. 

I'll  go along with that, I think he was just trying to be a smarty pants and it back fired on him.

On a side note, I wonder if this is the end of Shakespeare's 'Othello'? 

Could you imagine Shakespeare trying to get that play on today?  It'd be 'Love the play Bill but we think you're playing to racial stereotypes.  Can you re-write it so Othello & Desdemona seek relationship counselling? "

The guy  who  made himself a victim nearly every tweet starts with white people  he has a grudge and used this to enhance  his popularity.  

9 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Agree with this.

Quoting our Will in this context is a bit like borrowing someone else’s genius to make yourself seem genius. Why don’t people use their own words to make their point?

4 hours ago, ormester said:

The guy  who  made himself a victim nearly every tweet starts with white people  he has a grudge and used this to enhance  his popularity.  

Well of this is true, surely this makes him a serial racist? 

He wants calling out.  A touch of his own medicine. 

Apparently it can't be racist according to some people  

I think it was a very racist remark, whether from Shakespeare or not.! 

11 hours ago, pattricia said:

How was it racist? Because the quotation compares humans to apes? He has used it before on another Twitter user who wasn't identifiably black. Pretentious maybe. Racist no. Don't lose sight of context and intent. Also check out some of the posting history of the accuser. He's deleted it all now but screen grabs are available.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, WokeyMcWokeface said:

How was it racist? Because the quotation compares humans to apes? He has used it before on another Twitter user who wasn't identifiably black. Pretentious maybe. Racist no. Don't lose sight of context and intent. Also check out some of the posting history of the accuser. He's deleted it all now but screen grabs are available.

I think if you reply to a black person suggesting they are an “angry ape” whatever the context - and given the prevalence of people who refer to black people in that context - you’re either racist - or ignorant of what that might mean to people who’s race has been referred to as such.

racist or error or judgment - either or - stupid.

Edited by makapaka

15 hours ago, pattricia said:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."