Swfc V Millwall

A fairly poor first half with no team shining, the Owls were the better team in the second with really pulling any trees up, the introduction of FF and Cruz provided a spark, Millwall missed a golden opportunity to win the game in the last seconds when their forward inexplicably tried to lob the keeper when one on one.

I'd expect a changed side at Oakwell next week.

5 hours ago, Groose said:

Pretty sure Stagecoach will end up taking trams off on matchdays where Millwall come here. Just like they do with Leeds.

Disadvantaging the residents of Hillsborough yet again.  🤥

9 hours ago, cmonkes said:

This result being why you will still be playing Championship football next year. 

Not just this result, too many poor results in games we should of won. We might scrape into the playoffs but I wouldn't be confident of winning it.

Decent first game from the new signing I've been told, hopefully the other two will give us a much needed push

11 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

Disadvantaging the residents of Hillsborough yet again.  🤥

Not just Hillsborough but us who have to use the SL etc to get the tram.

6 hours ago, Groose said:

Not just Hillsborough but us who have to use the SL etc to get the tram.

True. I was on the SL to Middlewood yesterday, then had to walk to Hillsborough as there were no trams.

Low grade game that was well short on entertainment,yet again Wednesday went 4141 at home its tedious,we play 2 strikers away but one at home,the owls produced the better chances but were once more guilty of wastefull finishing,and late on could have ended up potless yet again.

Borner is a real ball watcher,quite often he gets caught out not watching whats going on behind him and it results in panick or worse.

The subs made a HUGE difference,the missing quality in the foreward areas put millwall on the backfoot  and they struggled to contain both players who moved and found space quite easily.

The ref was poor for both sides he made a string of needless bookings in a game that was tame for the most part and some bizaar decisions.

After the game it was carnieage,millwall bought treble there normal following that normally sit in just the central area and filled out the middle three rows,trouble wasnt far away for those who wanted it,they targeted the Rawson ,but SYP moved in,but little groups avoided the police and there was sporradic fighting down most side streets,I saw one millwall fan with a knife at least 8 inches long,quite a few others brandished carpet knives.We dragged one bloke,in his thirties and not small,off a kid about 14 near the barracks.

I think in millwalls case its better if they organise a travel club and only sell tickets to trusted supporters that can go to football matches to simply watch the game,its an easy fix,people who dont watch football shouldnt have their lives disrupted,due to a minority of idiots

On 01/02/2020 at 18:46, bassett one said:

well never mind we got a point,but we are now well off the play offs,but still possible?

Ever the optimist

6 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Low grade game that was well short on entertainment,yet again Wednesday went 4141 at home its tedious,we play 2 strikers away but one at home,the owls produced the better chances but were once more guilty of wastefull finishing,and late on could have ended up potless yet again.

Borner is a real ball watcher,quite often he gets caught out not watching whats going on behind him and it results in panick or worse.

The subs made a HUGE difference,the missing quality in the foreward areas put millwall on the backfoot  and they struggled to contain both players who moved and found space quite easily.

The ref was poor for both sides he made a string of needless bookings in a game that was tame for the most part and some bizaar decisions.

After the game it was carnieage,millwall bought treble there normal following that normally sit in just the central area and filled out the middle three rows,trouble wasnt far away for those who wanted it,they targeted the Rawson ,but SYP moved in,but little groups avoided the police and there was sporradic fighting down most side streets,I saw one millwall fan with a knife at least 8 inches long,quite a few others brandished carpet knives.We dragged one bloke,in his thirties and not small,off a kid about 14 near the barracks.

I think in millwalls case its better if they organise a travel club and only sell tickets to trusted supporters that can go to football matches to simply watch the game,its an easy fix,people who dont watch football shouldnt have their lives disrupted,due to a minority of idiots

Agree with this, the ref made a rod for his own back with some needless early bookings then had nowhere else to go. Da Cruz and FF made a huge difference and things started to happen, both have to start next weekend.