Jump to content


Freeview Sheffield Transmitter - Retune / Channel Loss From 5 Feb 2020

Recommended Posts

I have retuned my tv this morning but from what I have looked at I have not lost channels that the link said was closing, plus now I get the Sheffield Live channel which I didn't before, although not looked for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The channel for BBC World News used to be 107.

Can anyone tell me what it is now please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just tuned mine in,moved along a few channels to recieve notification for retuning on Feb 12th.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, florence kat said:

The channel for BBC World News used to be 107.

Can anyone tell me what it is now please?

If you receive your signal from Crosspool, BBC News HD has gone along with others, the SD version is 230. If you receive Emley Moor then retuning should get it back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iansheff said:

I have retuned my tv this morning but from what I have looked at I have not lost channels that the link said was closing, plus now I get the Sheffield Live channel which I didn't before, although not looked for a while.

Sounds like you're receiving your signals from Emley Moor, no channels closed from there, just moved. Also Sheffield Live was switched on at the Grenoside transmitter those with their aerials on Emley, until now it's only been broadcast from Crosspool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, willman said:

just tuned mine in,moved along a few channels to recieve notification for retuning on Feb 12th.

 

Which transmitter are you on ? I didn't think anything was happening up here on the 12th Feb ! Sandy Heath transmitter is having a MUX about but that's down near, er, Sandy. There, one MUX is moving to CH33, which Emley has a MUX on now as well. Maybe they think there may be co-channel issues, but I can't see why that would require a retune.....

 

Sandy-Heath-transmitter-powers-to-Feb-20

 

Emley-Moor-digital-transmissions-and-pow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, willman said:

just tuned mine in,moved along a few channels to recieve notification for retuning on Feb 12th.

 

I'm on the Emley Moor transmitter. I lost quite a few channels today so I did the retune  I am getting a message to retune again on Feb 12th....it's a pain in the arse. 

Everytime I have to retune I have to make a note of all the programs that are set to record ( over 20) and Re-enter all the information again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Emily Moor transmitter and retuned this am- no message to retune again next week. Only realised serial recordings lost when one failed this afternoon. Channel ‘Sheffield Live’ appeared but not active-what’s that going to be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have had a message that I will need to retune on the 12th February but only on my upstairs TV, yet both my TVs are the same make and both had said needed to be retuned after the 5th.

12 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Sounds like you're receiving your signals from Emley Moor, no channels closed from there, just moved. Also Sheffield Live was switched on at the Grenoside transmitter those with their aerials on Emley, until now it's only been broadcast from Crosspool.

Strange though that I was getting reminders daily that it would need retuning.

Edited by iansheff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kidneystone said:

I'm on the Emley Moor transmitter. I lost quite a few channels today so I did the retune  I am getting a message to retune again on Feb 12th....it's a pain in the arse. 

Everytime I have to retune I have to make a note of all the programs that are set to record ( over 20) and Re-enter all the information again.

I cannot seem to find out why anyone round here should have to retune on the 12th Feb, unless Grenoside will be late starting transmissions, can anyone confirm that Grenoside has started transmitting the local Sheffield channel (on CH31) ?

 

NOTE : Grenoside has been chosen  to transmit (just) the Sheffield local channel because many people in Sheffield with their aerials on Emley will be pointing more or less in that direction, thus people on Emley will also p/u the Sheffield channel (not just those on Crosspool transmitter).

Edited by Justin Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

I cannot seem to find out why anyone round here should have to retune on the 12th Feb, unless Grenoside will be late starting transmissions, can anyone confirm that Grenoside has started transmitting the local Sheffield channel (on CH31) ?

 

NOTE : Grenoside has been chosen  to transmit (just) the Sheffield local channel because many people in Sheffield with their aerials on Emley will be pointing more or less in that direction, thus people on Emley will also p/u the Sheffield channel (not just those on Crosspool transmitter).

Yes it has. Picking it up perfectly well despite Grenoside being about 30 degrees off bearing of Emley from my house.

Edited by Colin Foster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of HD channels have been removed, mostly +1's...

Some moved around and such...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X