Jump to content


Ntv Comedy Award Goes To Mrs Browns Boys

Recommended Posts

Mrs Browns boys.  My god it just shows how low the standard of comedy is now.  :gag:

Edited by nikki-red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful decision. Unfunny, and well past its sell by date.

 

I know Fleabag is very marmite and already won awards,  but that's no excuse for overlooking the wonderful and very moving "After Life".

Edited by alchresearch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well these are the 'People's' awards & you know what occurrs when the UK public are allowed to vote? 

 

Tried & tried to like Mrs Brown but gave up years ago as it's actually rubbish. 

 

Fleabag is pretentious, rubbish, masquerading as comedy but is apparently liked by more people than who have actually seen it because of its London centric social media following, resulting in many saying they like it in order to appear trendy, when in fact they've never seen an episode.  They don't want to be left out of the pretentious circles (FOMO - fear of missing out).  As you can tell, I don't rate it or its creator, Phoebe Waller Bridge. 

 

But at the end of the day, I saw the list of comedies people were allowed to vote for in a recent Radio Times.  The list was sparse to say the least. 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Awful decision. Unfunny, and well past its sell by date.

 

I know Fleabag is very marmite and already won awards,  but that's no excuse for overlooking the wonderful and very moving "After Life".

Completely agree 100%  After life was brilliant compared to this garbage,  flea bag like you say, Marmite, I watched the first series and found it ok ,  Ill give the second series a go .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot stand Mrs. Browns Boys. How can that be funny ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its because the standard is so low these days.  My god it wouldn't have stood a chance years ago.  Eg, fools and horses, porridge, ect.  :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrs BB - utter bilge.  Based on one "joke".  A profane Irishman in drag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Its because the standard is so low these days.  My god it wouldn't have stood a chance years ago.  Eg, fools and horses, porridge, ect.  :roll:

Yes but Porridge & Only Fools, (although that was getting stale towards the end.  No laughs to be had once they were in the money), we're quality situation comedies.  Now there are a lot more channels to fill, the quality is going drop. 

 

However for every Only Fools, there's a "Green Green Grass'; for every Porridge, there's a " Going Straight".  Both were from the same writers, so even the best don't hit the mark 100% of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Yes but Porridge & Only Fools, (although that was getting stale towards the end.  No laughs to be had once they were in the money), we're quality situation comedies.  Now there are a lot more channels to fill, the quality is going drop. 

 

However for every Only Fools, there's a "Green Green Grass'; for every Porridge, there's a " Going Straight".  Both were from the same writers, so even the best don't hit the mark 100% of the time. 

“Oim gawin stroight argen

Stroight as an arra”

 

Oh how we larfed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone in my family from the youngest (aged 22) to the oldest (aged 98) love Mrs Brown's Boys. They've even been to see it live. Me, I can't stand it. Can't see anything remotely funny about it. I thought it was just me but obviously I'm not alone 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rollypolly said:

Everyone in my family from the youngest (aged 22) to the oldest (aged 98) love Mrs Brown's Boys. They've even been to see it live. Me, I can't stand it. Can't see anything remotely funny about it. I thought it was just me but obviously I'm not alone 😁

Same here. Once you’ve seen one episode ,there are all the same after that.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.