Ntv Comedy Award Goes To Mrs Browns Boys

Mrs Browns boys.  My god it just shows how low the standard of comedy is now.  :gag:

Edited by nikki-red

Awful decision. Unfunny, and well past its sell by date.

I know Fleabag is very marmite and already won awards,  but that's no excuse for overlooking the wonderful and very moving "After Life".

Edited by alchresearch

Well these are the 'People's' awards & you know what occurrs when the UK public are allowed to vote? 

Tried & tried to like Mrs Brown but gave up years ago as it's actually rubbish. 

Fleabag is pretentious, rubbish, masquerading as comedy but is apparently liked by more people than who have actually seen it because of its London centric social media following, resulting in many saying they like it in order to appear trendy, when in fact they've never seen an episode.  They don't want to be left out of the pretentious circles (FOMO - fear of missing out).  As you can tell, I don't rate it or its creator, Phoebe Waller Bridge. 

But at the end of the day, I saw the list of comedies people were allowed to vote for in a recent Radio Times.  The list was sparse to say the least. 

Edited by Baron99

22 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Awful decision. Unfunny, and well past its sell by date.

I know Fleabag is very marmite and already won awards,  but that's no excuse for overlooking the wonderful and very moving "After Life".

Completely agree 100%  After life was brilliant compared to this garbage,  flea bag like you say, Marmite, I watched the first series and found it ok ,  Ill give the second series a go .

Cannot stand Mrs. Browns Boys. How can that be funny ? 

Its because the standard is so low these days.  My god it wouldn't have stood a chance years ago.  Eg, fools and horses, porridge, ect.  :roll:

Mrs BB - utter bilge.  Based on one "joke".  A profane Irishman in drag.

16 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Its because the standard is so low these days.  My god it wouldn't have stood a chance years ago.  Eg, fools and horses, porridge, ect.  :roll:

Yes but Porridge & Only Fools, (although that was getting stale towards the end.  No laughs to be had once they were in the money), we're quality situation comedies.  Now there are a lot more channels to fill, the quality is going drop. 

However for every Only Fools, there's a "Green Green Grass'; for every Porridge, there's a " Going Straight".  Both were from the same writers, so even the best don't hit the mark 100% of the time. 

21 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Yes but Porridge & Only Fools, (although that was getting stale towards the end.  No laughs to be had once they were in the money), we're quality situation comedies.  Now there are a lot more channels to fill, the quality is going drop. 

However for every Only Fools, there's a "Green Green Grass'; for every Porridge, there's a " Going Straight".  Both were from the same writers, so even the best don't hit the mark 100% of the time. 

“Oim gawin stroight argen

Stroight as an arra”

Oh how we larfed!

Everyone in my family from the youngest (aged 22) to the oldest (aged 98) love Mrs Brown's Boys. They've even been to see it live. Me, I can't stand it. Can't see anything remotely funny about it. I thought it was just me but obviously I'm not alone 😁

1 hour ago, Rollypolly said:

Everyone in my family from the youngest (aged 22) to the oldest (aged 98) love Mrs Brown's Boys. They've even been to see it live. Me, I can't stand it. Can't see anything remotely funny about it. I thought it was just me but obviously I'm not alone 😁

Same here. Once you’ve seen one episode ,there are all the same after that.!