Affordable Meal Out For 2, Midweek?

It looks like the kids are going to be at grannies 1 night a week, so looking to go for a nice meal with other half

We occasionally go to Ferdinados at Meadowhead as they do a good offer on a 2 course meal - but we need some other ideas, preferably with local restaurants / businesses not chains (Derbyshire is fine too)

When we lived in Sheffield (up until July 2018) we used to like to go to The Milestone down by Kelham Island. The early bird menu (served between 5 & 7) was £16.50 a head for 3 courses and included a pint or glass of wine. Really good value for money.

The Crown Inn at Totley, book in advance though as it gets busy...we've been a few times, really nice food and a good price.

If you like curry I can recommend Café Indus on the corner of Sharrow Lane and London Road. BYO booze is an added bonus.

Had a lovely meal at the Greek Village on Abbeydale road last Saturday and the prices were very reasonable, like melv I would also recommend Café Indus been many times and the food is amazing so well worth a visit.

Edited by DaveGas

I would also recommend Cafe Indus. Turnip and Thyme  and Olive are both on Ecclesall Road and offer great food. I f you fancy Thai food   Thai Traveller on Hutcliffe Wood road  is good.   You may have to book with any of them as they are all small restaurants.