Fa Cup 5th Round

saw man city on telly on sunday,nowt to worry about,we just turn up,worth a tenner away win?

Wonder which ones will be on the Tele...

man city v swfc i would think guaranteed,hope we cause a upset,as they wont of come across a team like us for a while,have they?

I didn't know that the matches were being played midweek, another nail in the coffin for the tradition of the FA Cup. Also there seems a long time between matches, matches aren't being  played till 3rd March.

Edited by iansheff

27 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I didn't know that the matches were being played midweek, another nail in the coffin for the tradition of the FA Cup. Also there seems a long time between matches, matches aren't being  played till 3rd March.

Its due to the Premier League having a winter "break".

6 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Its due to the Premier League having a winter "break".

Oh those poor overworked PL footballers, it must be hard on them playing all those matches, never mind about the other leagues who play 8 league matches more. Apart from the teams in European matches most of the PL teams play fewer matches than the teams in the other 3  leagues.

Edited by iansheff

19 hours ago, rogets said:

Good draw for Wednesday 

But concerned about the first leg being at home

I'd have preferred to play Man City away as the Owls are giving some proper hidings on away grounds

But as its a home tie, I think Man City will win

The Owls have played Man City in the cup not too long ago at Main Rd,  seem to remember the Owls scored first and the result 6-1, maybe the same again

6 hours ago, bassett one said:

man city v swfc i would think guaranteed,hope we cause a upset,as they wont of come across a team like us for a while,have they?

All that huffing and puffing might confuse them. Go you Owls !!!

hoot hoot !!!

4 hours ago, iansheff said:

Oh those poor overworked PL footballers, it must be hard on them playing all those matches, never mind about the other leagues who play 8 league matches more. Apart from the teams in European matches most of the PL teams play fewer matches than the teams in other 3  leagues.

It's the old class system again

20 hours ago, barry-333 said:

The Owls have played Man City in the cup not too long ago at Main Rd,  seem to remember the Owls scored first and the result 6-1, maybe the same again

Man City were lucky on that occasion 

59 minutes ago, rogets said:

Man City were lucky on that occasion 

The last time the Owls played Man City in a cup competition was at the Etihad, don't want to remind myself of the score that night.

City will doubtless put the reserves out.  Look at Liverpool's approach to their Cup replay. "We're on our break!" Will they put the youth team, managed by Critchley, out if they get to the Final?