Rip Kobe Bryant

1 hour ago, smithy266 said:

I too have never heard of him, and cannot understand why it is such major news here in the uk

I’ve never heard of him, but he’s a big star in the  U. S.A. I suppose it’s like if David Beckham got killed over here.

2 hours ago, Tomm06 said:

I'm sure there's a fair amount of speculation regarding the cause but I read (I think on the BBC) that there was a malfunction with the helicopter. I mean it would be irresponsible to fly in fog, but I doubt it would cause a helicopter to fall out of the sky. 

That I am not aware off and I'm sure once investigations start etc they can determine engine fault or whatever.

However as it was foggy, they were flying over hills, it is also very likely due to the dense fog, the pilot failed to navigate around the hills and unfortunately flew straight in to one. This is what earlier reports are suggesting and the reason why it was in flames as it came down.

On 27/01/2020 at 07:14, RiffRaff said:

Am I the only person who's never heard of him?

I’ve never heard of him either.

Never heard of him but a terrible thing to happen for all involved, absolutely terrible.