What do you do to get somebody to repair the lights on your street.We have been in dangerous darkness for days now.The means of reporting this are not fit for purpose as the form never allows its completion and there is no way of knowing if your complaint has been received.I have emailed 2 councillors without reply!

Edited by nikki-red

I have used       https://www.fixmystreet.com/    about 6 years ago after getting no luck with direct report to council site, afterwards i got an email from council saying i didn't need to report it via them and should report it directly to the council site,  the repair seemed to get sorted then. I felt the "showing the dirty washing in public" - high lighting it  publicly  more seemed to help the motivation. Worth a try .

I've  never had any problems when I've  rang 01443369258 or Northern Power Grid

It’s not completing the form that’s the problem, it is getting Northern Powergrid to do their job.

We’ve been without ten lights, on both sides of the road since Christmas. It is seriously dangerously dark here, as there are woods on both sides of the road.  Filling the form in just generates a message telling us that it will be fixed in three weeks.

Northern Powergrid are part of a multi-billion pound multinational company. 

I’ve always contacted Highways dept of SCC, given them the street light number as stated on the lamppost and they’ve been out within a couple of days 

7 hours ago, catmiss said:

I’ve always contacted Highways dept of SCC, given them the street light number as stated on the lamppost and they’ve been out within a couple of days 

Ditto, I just used that form and the lights have always been fixed quickly.

Amey are responsible for the lights above the ground, if it is a cabling issue underground, then it is passed on by them to Northern powergrid

On 25/01/2020 at 21:49, probedb said:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/form/roads-pavements/report-street-light-problems

What are you unable to complete? Have used several times.

Sometimes certain browsers can have issues with websites.

Internet Explorer is usually best if you have problems.

Edited by geared