The Financial Reward Of Continued Blades Form.

9 hours ago, staninoodle said:

A salary caps long overdue,players make obscene amounts of money in comparison to people who work long hard hours and save lives.

The money would be better invested in facilities at stadiums,and grass roots football along with highly qualified coaching to raise standards across all levels.

I attend quite a few games in Germany,and they got to grips with many of these problems over 20 years ago,leaving us behind and there game is stronger for it,you can watch top flight football for 10 quid and that includes free tram travel with your ticket.

English football needs an overhaul,and the power the top 6 have needs curtailing

Salary caps & caps on those who make a fortune from transfer fees are not going to change anytime soon by the latest news reports:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/top-agents-threaten-legal-action-against-fifa-over-commission-cap_sto7625057/story.shtml

The fun will start when the likes of Sky, BT, Amazon decide that they are no longer getting the return for the amount of money they're pumping into football & the plug is pulled.

Either that or the tv football evolves into a European League with the select top few European teams from the major European footballing nations, playing week in, week out & the EPL becoming more like the Championship, living off its financial crumbs. 

Saying that, aren't we, myself included, being a bit hypocritical when we buy into the likes of Sky on a monthly basis, then moan about not only the cost of football matches & the switching of what should be Saturday games to Sunday afternoons & various midweek times? 

Edited by Baron99

The fairest way to distribute the money is to give all clubs the same. Football should not be dictated to by TV anyway. It was wrong at the outset and continues to be wrong. They're all Premier League Clubs and should all get the same. Also, boosting already sky high wages with this bounty is wrong. It should go on better facilities, lower entrance fees, grass roots football and ending the scurge of Betting Companies involvement, and so therefore, saving marriages, lives and curbing greed.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

2 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

The fairest way to distribute the money is to give all clubs the same. Football should not be dictated to by TV anyway. It was wrong at the outset and continues to be wrong. They're all Premier League Clubs and should all get the same. Also, boosting already sky high wages with this bounty is wrong. It should go on better facilities, lower entrance fees, grass roots football and ending the scurge of Betting Companies involvement, and so therefore, saving marriages, lives and curbing greed.

Bravo! Bravo! 👏 I couldn't agree any more bud! Football as we once knew it is now ruined and dictated by finances!

4 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Now, now hotty. You wouldn't want to upset those precious premiership teams, well the like of Liverpool, citeh etc in particular. 

Couldn't agree more though but whilever sky, BT or whoever it maybe are on the scene club's outside the premiership will never be worth much for them

8 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Bravo! Bravo! 👏 I couldn't agree any more bud! Football as we once knew it is now ruined and dictated by finances!

Were you not applauding this in your first post?

The Premier League isn't bothered about SUFC or Burnley or Watford etc etc they are not bothered about the fans who attend week in week out, they only care about selling the TV rights for the big 6 to the highest bidder, no more no less.

17 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

It's funny that one of the major instigaters & supporters of taking Sky money & settings up the Premier League was the board members of Coventry City.  Not sure if Jimmy Hill had any involvement but look at Coventry now?  Not even a ground to call their own. 

On 26/01/2020 at 12:12, Hotmale 1954 said:

Well said mate.

Whilst it is the fairest way and I completely agree with the way the sport is being ruined by finances! Never the less, you can't overlook the fact that finishing 5 places higher in the league, could be the difference between a new £10m signing or not....A sad sign of the times, but never the less true! 

I'm fed up of billions for this, billions for that, the Sunday Times Rich List , Messi's wages, Ronaldo's wages, HS2, Very poor players' thousands of pounds a week, Elitism, Bentleys, Ferraris, Mansions, Billionaires, growth, competition, raging Capitalism, snobbery and 'I'm considerably richer than you mentality. This HS2 business highlights all that is wrong with the Country today.

The rewards for football should be Medals, Silverware and  International Competition. Not buying up half the countries best players and not playing them. Indeed, not even seeing them, in Chelsea's case.

As each day goes by, I become less interested. 

54 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I'm fed up of billions for this, billions for that, the Sunday Times Rich List , Messi's wages, Ronaldo's wages, HS2, Very poor players' thousands of pounds a week, Elitism, Bentleys, Ferraris, Mansions, Billionaires, growth, competition, raging Capitalism, snobbery and 'I'm considerably richer than you mentality. This HS2 business highlights all that is wrong with the Country today.

The rewards for football should be Medals, Silverware and  International Competition. Not buying up half the countries best players and not playing them. Indeed, not even seeing them, in Chelsea's case.

Spot on Hots.....

12 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Excellent post mate !!

14 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Totally agree with you.

BUT the one person who wanted to use wealth to attract success was Mr Chansiri.