Tree Planting Idea - Abbeydale Rd Corridor.

Out this morning walking the dog & spotted a notice fixed to a pole. 

Someome / a group have realised that there are no trees on the entire Abbeydale Rd corridor between Bannerdale Rd & Mount Pleasant Park & they are wanting to raise the issue of a possible planting scheme to enhance the environment.  They are trying to gauge support for such a plan? 

There was a contact email address but I didn't catch it all. 

Good luck to them.  A bit of greenery along this main road would be a great attraction, help the environment & possibly help reduce some of the pollution. 

It is always a good idea to have some trees along a corridor such as this, but the only problem I see is quite a major one - where would they actually plant them? - this areas topography doesn't give many options.

@Baron99

A great initiative.  If you are up that way again, and if you don't mind, please could you get me the email addy?  Thanks.

11 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Out this morning walking the dog & spotted a notice fixed to a pole. 

Someome / a group have realised that there are no trees on the entire Abbeydale Rd corridor between Bannerdale Rd & Mount Pleasant Park & they are wanting to raise the issue of a possible planting scheme to enhance the environment.  They are trying to gauge support for such a plan? 

There was a contact email address but I didn't catch it all. 

Good luck to them.  A bit of greenery along this main road would be a great attraction, help the environment & possibly help reduce some of the pollution. 

What are those green things on the left looking from the bottom of Carter Knowle towards the Broadfield?

https://www.google.fr/maps/@53.3544417,-1.4857073,3a,75y,359.86h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sF1FhC0i1V-KMlUSDbxOx5Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&authuser=0

10 hours ago, RollingJ said:

It is always a good idea to have some trees along a corridor such as this, but the only problem I see is quite a major one - where would they actually plant them? - this areas topography doesn't give many options.

I'd guess they are talking about "street trees" - ie they want to plant them in the pavement alongside Abbeydale Road.

Edited by Longcol

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

What are those green things on the left looking from the bottom of Carter Knowle towards the Broadfield?

https://www.google.fr/maps/@53.3544417,-1.4857073,3a,75y,359.86h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sF1FhC0i1V-KMlUSDbxOx5Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&authuser=0

I'd guess they are talking about "street trees" - ie they want to plant them in the pavement alongside Abbeydale Road.

One problem, @Longcol - I don't think most of those pavements are wide enough, as alluded to in my original post.

16 hours ago, Janus said:

@Baron99

A great initiative.  If you are up that way again, and if you don't mind, please could you get me the email addy?  Thanks.

I took a photo of the sign this morning but try as I might, I can't add the photo to the thread. 

Anyway, here's a a contact email address.  They are looking for responses by 01/02/20 or if you just want more information drop them a line. 

abbeydaleroadtrees@gmail.com

Edited by Baron99

Thank you for that.