Kalettes?

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever tried - or even ever heard of - a wonderful green vegetable called "kalettes"?  I bought some in the Hillsborough Morrison's when I was up in Sheff visiting my old mum last week and I must say that they are one of the very nicest green veg that I've ever tasted in my life! I was just shopping for the usual "greens" - broccoli, cauli. sprouts etc and there they were. I bought them out of pure curiosity and I'm glad I did, because they were totally delicious! The "advertising  blurb" on the pack described them as being a cross between brussels  sprouts and kale  - and that's pretty much an accurate description. To look at them, they are about the size of brussels, but appearance-wise, they look like tiny little frilly baby cabbages. I went back into the Hillsborough Morrison's a couple of days later - but they didn't have any, I've looked for these kalettes in all the major  supermarkets since I came home to London last week - but never found them anywhere. All I can say is that if you see them, buy them.....they're a bit more expensive than your usual greens, but well worth it. 

They've had them at Morrisons for a few years now but seem to be seasonal - I usually buy them weekly when they're in stock. Ocado have them from time to time also.

Delicious steamed.

Edited by bkcin

Thanks bkcin. I appreciate your reply, because so far, you are  the only other person I've come across who has ever even heard of these kalettes - let alone ever actually  tried and tasted them! I was beginning to think I'd imagined them...and that they didn't actually exist.