Coronavirus

Groose

Bickering, insults, sniping, off-topic point scoring and the like are NOT going to be tolerated. Any further will get you suspended. This is the final warning.

Message added by Groose

The Chinese have built a 1000 bed hospital in a matter of days, amazing, imagine us doing that.. probably take them a couple of months to build that HS 2 railway, at a fraction of the cost..

It's super impressive, but clearly they were well prepared for this.

Sure it took ten days to construct the hospital (because it was pre-fab)

but that does mean they'd designed, manufactured and had this monster stored away somewhere.

On 03/02/2020 at 08:57, RiffRaff said:

Totally agree.

Watched two TV football games yesterday, and noticed players were phlegming away as they were walking out on the pitch, let alone during play! You don't get cricketers or marathon runners doing it all the time, so why do footballers?  It's stomach churning to watch...

Certain types think it looks hard. Unfortunately, some runners do spit in races though. Some of the culprits will claim they have to spit when they run. It’s strange  though that I have never, ever seen a woman spit in a running race but nearly every time there will be a spitting male. 

Edited by redruby

1 minute ago, redruby said:

Certain types think it looks hard. Unfortunately, some runners do spit in races though. Some of the culprits will claim they have to spit when they run. It’s strange  though that I have never, ever seen a woman spit in a running race but nearly every time there will be a spitting male. 

Doesn't  make sense does it as running always makes the mouth dry.

8 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

Doesn't  make sense does it as running always makes the mouth dry.

That’s right, there’s no excuse. If anyone really has to spit (and most of they time they do not) they should at least show some  consideration.

Filthy habit 🤢

Use a tissue and dispose of it sensibly.

Edited by Daven

On 03/02/2020 at 16:36, Padders said:

The Chinese have built a 1000 bed hospital in a matter of days, amazing, imagine us doing that.. probably take them a couple of months to build that HS 2 railway, at a fraction of the cost..

I hope they're built better than their bridges.

Look At All The Major Chinese Bridges That Have Collapsed In The Recent Years

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-bridge-collapses-2012-8?r=US&IR=T

I'm also reminded of that cartoon of the pyramids - "slavery, gets s**t done".

On 23/01/2020 at 18:39, taxman said:

The papers and news are full of the latest virus from China which is set to decimate the global population.

We now have the first confirmed death outside Hubai province and three people are being tested for it in Scotland.

Haven't we been here before with SARs and the Bird Flu? Global hysteria followed by zilch.

Meanwhile there were nearly half a million deaths from Malaria in 2018.

A whole world of meh.

Other than describing what we all know ( assuming average intelligence), are you trying to convey  a meaning to us, or is that it ?

Wow its really interesting to read your take on it all guys - it is quite different to a lot of the footage I've been watching and news we are getting from inside China from people actually there (rather than official channels). I've been off the forum for quite a while and just logged back in today. 

Saw a guy, just walking ahead of me down Fargate this morning & I'll state it & run the risk of being accused of racial stereotyping, FAT, WHITE BLOKE, takes turns putting a finger to the side of each nostril & emptying the contents of each nostril on to Fargate's cobbled pavement.  And some folk are bothered about Chinese students walking about with surgical masks on? 

Think I can get away with the above?  I'm reclaiming my comments as a tubbyish, white, bloke. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

5 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Other than describing what we all know ( assuming average intelligence), are you trying to convey  a meaning to us, or is that it ?

It's called starting a thread about something that is going on in the real world in an attempt to prompt people to comment.

If you want an underlying thought, the WHO has today asked for more that £500million in donations to combat this disease, that has so far killed 490 people worldwide.  A fraction of people killed by other diseases.

We had the same hysteria over both SARs and Bird Flu.