Coronavirus

Groose

Bickering, insults, sniping, off-topic point scoring and the like are NOT going to be tolerated. Any further will get you suspended. This is the final warning.

Message added by Groose

Has China stopped all infection ?

There has not been one more confirmed case in the past 12 hours from China despite previous 24 hours having over 2000

Guess you will only pay attention when your Starbucks runs low on coffee 🙂

Flu is huge and is world wide it’s just we can deal with it as we have some immunity to it .

if we had no immunity our standered flu would be epidemic 

Doctors have always warned of new flus or influenzas .

Recent ones had very high mortality rate but was not highly contageous 

this one is highly contageous 

Look at the news feed time lines how many more cases ? 

Guardian app for news have a look 

The guardian.com

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

See idiots were on West St., yesterday then? 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/chinese-student-attacked-sheffield-over-coronavirus-1381837

Didn't they stop to think that the student wearing the mask, could have been preventing any potential virus from her being passed on to them?

No, because the general public really are that stupid. 

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/chinese-student-attacked-sheffield-over-coronavirus-1381837

Didn't they stop to think that the student wearing the mask, could have been preventing any potential virus from her being passed on to them?

Stopping to think would require being able to think. There's the problem. Ignorant and uneducated, with a lot of xenophobia thrown in.

11 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I've just read that.

Bloody morons! :mad: She probably didn't want to press charges, because she may think it looks bad shaming locals. (if they were locals, which might not be the case)

Shame, as I bet almost ALL Sheffielders would have backed her, if had a chance.

This is bad news as well for the city, IMO. I probably speak to more Chinese students than most, and if we talk, I always ask if they like Sheffield /why chose Sheffield, and the first answer is always the same: safe / good city. 

Sheffield University are taking precautions. 

https://thetab.com/uk/sheffield/2020/01/28/sheffield-university-coronavirus-advice-students-wuhan-quarantine-41813

Regarding the assault on the Chinese woman wearing the mask?  How often do we see people openly spitting in the streets without batting on eyelid? 

There's more chance catching something like TB than the coronavirus. 

Additionally, if you're in the city centre, before the street cleaners have had chance to clean, have a walk down areas that are obviously quiet at night, such as Chapel Walk & you'll see signs of human waste. Again a more obvious threat to health. 

Edited by Baron99

22 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Sheffield University are taking precautions. 

https://thetab.com/uk/sheffield/2020/01/28/sheffield-university-coronavirus-advice-students-wuhan-quarantine-41813

Regarding the assault on the Chinese woman wearing the mask?  How often do we see people openly spitting in the streets without batting on eyelid? 

There's more chance catching something like TB than the coronavirus. 

Additionally, if you're in the city centre, before the street cleaners have had chance to clean, have a walk down areas that are obviously quiet at night, such as Chapel Walk & you'll see signs of human waste. Again a more obvious threat to health. 

Too right, spitting in public is a filthy, dirty habit.  The minging scrubbers should be fined for this. 

Like I told my son who was asking about this new virus and was angry saying why is this happening .

I explained waiting a mask has an extremely low chance of protecting you ,but wearing a mask has an extremely high chance of you not passing on an infection if you have one .

I then explained that the actually people in this area have been very selfless and quarantined themself mostly . I explained the government in that area created the situation for the virus not the every day person.

I pondered The question to him what if this out break was in Britain or USA would we be that selfless to stay or run to protect ourselves thus spreading potential infection???????

Oh and to earlier guy your star bucks shares crashed ,then is real and will effect the whole planet one way or another it will effect us all 

11 hours ago, redruby said:

Too right, spitting in public is a filthy, dirty habit.  The minging scrubbers should be fined for this. 

Totally agree.

Watched two TV football games yesterday, and noticed players were phlegming away as they were walking out on the pitch, let alone during play! You don't get cricketers or marathon runners doing it all the time, so why do footballers?  It's stomach churning to watch...