Coronavirus

Groose

Bickering, insults, sniping, off-topic point scoring and the like are NOT going to be tolerated. Any further will get you suspended. This is the final warning.

Message added by Groose

WHO have now declared the disease to be a global health emergency. 

UK have raised the threat level from low to moderate & the Govt has been told to prepare for any eventualities. 

I’ve tried to find out how many cases there are in the UK.

Zero. None.

Ah great, we're going to get the quarantine centre on the Wirral.

This is the same hospital that has a habit of losing patients in their woodland, and is ground zero for Norovirus every time it resurfaces.

2 cases in the UK

Many cases, as always in Winter, of regular coronavirus.

It's the Wuhan strain which is the problem.

The first 2 confirmed UK cases are in isolation in a hospital in Newcastle. Not been sent to Wirral as that is for isolation. Australians not happy where their isolation is...Christmas Island.

Anyone for food products processed in China?

1 hour ago, retep said:

Anyone for food products processed in China?

Presumably the 1.4 billion people who live in China given the lack of reports about mass starvation.

7 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Ah great, we're going to get the quarantine centre on the Wirral.

Well it seems it all for show, not for real. Pictures all over the news of coach drivers and ground staff at airports without any protection, whilst health workers are in full haz mat suits!

So whilst they are in quarantine the coach drivers and grounds staff have been sent home to spread any infection? Why are they not also now quarantined?

This virus is like the Spanish flu 

It has already spread world wide and mathematical models put cases in the millions in February 

While it seems this virus does not have a high mortality rate this can be drastically changed as soon as medical facilities are overwhelmed.

Internet was censored at about 10:00 this morning just before confirmed cases rescued 10000 

This I assume is to avoid panic .

So real dangers of this virus from a non medical but educated point of view are as follows 

A up to a 14 day incubation period which has no symptoms but is infectious (medically called a stealth virus I think)

Means by the time you no about it contagion has spread exponentially 

B highly contagious just like normal flue , Remember this still has a low mortality rate and as slandered 35000 people in USA alone die each year from normally flu

C if medical facility's overwhelmed mortality rate sores just like Spanish flu 

D modern world with travel it is already every where 

E Medical professionals have predicted this for years 

F if this hits less developed country's other desires will follow and potential mutation of original

That's about it of the top of my head 

Oh when someone says don't worry then rushes about in medical suits erect metal barriers I tend to think it is big brother lying because they think I will run out and break into something 

Remember Spanish flu killed over 50 million people and that was before there was planes to spread flu quickly that was in 1918

4 minutes ago, commonsense said:

This virus is like the Spanish flu 

It has already spread world wide and mathematical models put cases in the millions in February 

While it seems this virus does not have a high mortality rate this can be drastically changed as soon as medical facilities are overwhelmed.

Internet was censored at about 10:00 this morning just before confirmed cases rescued 10000 

This I assume is to avoid panic .

So real dangers of this virus from a non medical but educated point of view are as follows 

A up to a 14 day incubation period which has no symptoms but is infectious (medically called a stealth virus I think)

Means by the time you no about it contagion has spread exponentially 

B highly contagious just like normal flue , Remember this still has a low mortality rate and as slandered 35000 people in USA alone die each year from normally flu

C if medical facility's overwhelmed mortality rate sores just like Spanish flu 

D modern world with travel it is already every where 

E Medical professionals have predicted this for years 

F if this hits less developed country's other desires will follow and potential mutation of original

That's about it of the top of my head 

Oh when someone says don't worry then rushes about in medical suits erect metal barriers I tend to think it is big brother lying because they think I will run out and break into something 

"Internet was censored at about 10:00 this morning just before confirmed cases rescued 10000 "

What evidence do you have of that?

Remember Spanish flu killed over 50 million people and that was before there was planes to spread flu quickly that was in 1918

Was watching online case clock site kept updating as in New case in Russia UK etcetera but confimed cases just added on individual as in 2 for UK 

Previously counter going up in lumps every 1 to 2 hours minimum 

They simply stopped counting China cases 

All data from WHO and other medical bodies all give an increase factor roughly cases double every 2 days now

But they leave out conclusions as in they give you true raw data combined with censored info