Sheffield United Tickets

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I seem to remember the loyalty scheme / points scheme was brought in a couple of decades ago to reward those fans who travelled near & far, to ensure they got preference over the fair weather & glory hunting fans who'd only want to turn out for the big games. 

I know someone who still goes all over with the Blades.  He once told me that Utd were playing somewhere like Portsmouth one Saturday & Utd had decided to sell their next 5th round FA Cup tickets on the Saturday.   Him & the dedicated fans arrived back at the Lane, only to find they were at the back of a very long queue. 

Luckily, Dooley was around & ushered these fans to the front to get their tickets. 

That's why the Loyalty Scheme was introduced.  It's worked well for the last 20+ years., I don't see any reason to change it. The same fans that back now we're in the Premiership are the same fans who were backing it in Division 1.

I'm sure that they'll be plenty of tickets available for the next game at BDTBL, against Bournemouth on Sunday 9th Feb. 

I agree Baron, the present loyalty scheme is good. 

Purchasing a ticket for the Fylde match allowed me to go over the 40,000 loyalty points and I think that assisted in me obtaining a ticket for the Arsenal game at the Emirates.

Where I think the Blades need to improve is the selling of those final hundred or so tickets.

Season ticket holders, membership members are all sorted and yet there are those final number of seats to be shifted and I am sure that a CONTROLLED General Sale would achieve this.

I think you'll find now the stadium will be upgraded and capacity extended 

Think yourselves lucky, you have to buy a membership (which went from £20 to £50 in one season) just to get in for less than £30 at Hillsborough. And we've got 15k empty seats, go figure 

On 23/01/2020 at 19:04, abbeyedges said:

I agree Baron, the present loyalty scheme is good. 

Purchasing a ticket for the Fylde match allowed me to go over the 40,000 loyalty points and I think that assisted in me obtaining a ticket for the Arsenal game at the Emirates.

Where I think the Blades need to improve is the selling of those final hundred or so tickets.

Season ticket holders, membership members are all sorted and yet there are those final number of seats to be shifted and I am sure that a CONTROLLED General Sale would achieve this.

Exactly.  I know some blokes who have hardly missed a game, home & away in the last 30 years, travelling to places like Colchester midweek in the middle of January so they've got in tbe region of the mid 50,000 points.  As someone who very rarely goes to away games these days, (unless you count Hillsborough?), so on the odd occasion that I do fancy going to one of the top clubs but miss out to one of those supporters who've previously spent a small fortune following the Blades, through thick & thin over, I don't begrudge them getting preference over me. 

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Exactly.  I know some blokes who have hardly missed a game, home & away in the last 30 years, travelling to places like Colchester midweek in the middle of January so they've got in tbe region of the mid 50,000 points.  As someone who very rarely goes to away games these days, (unless you count Hillsborough?), so on the odd occasion that I do fancy going to one of the top clubs but miss out to one of those supporters who've previously spent a small fortune following the Blades, through thick & thin over, I don't begrudge them getting preference over me. 

True mate. Thought that on the 4 hour return journey from Millwall yesterday. 2-3 aways a season is enough for me.

2 hours ago, blackydog said:

True mate. Thought that on the 4 hour return journey from Millwall yesterday. 2-3 aways a season is enough for me.

Yes.  3 trips to London in the space of a fortnight with Palace coming up next Saturday.

Good luck on those who put that amount of commitment (& money) in. 

On 23/01/2020 at 18:30, the_mandarin said:

Thanks all. I have a friend visiting from abroad, and wanted to give him a taste of watching an English football game live. My first preference would have been a United game as they play in the Premier League, but considering all the hoops that they are making first time visitors jump through, I guess I will have to consider a Sheffield Wednesday game. I had been to one of the Wednesday games a few years ago and the tickets were relatively easier to obtain.

The tickets eventually go on general sale which should allow you to go down and get a couple, depending on if the game is sold out mind you just have to wait till the date it says. 

23 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

The tickets eventually go on general sale which should allow you to go down and get a couple, depending on if the game is sold out mind you just have to wait till the date it says. 

Blades tickets will only go to general sale if the away end DOESN'T sell out. This is to prevent away fans buying tickets in home areas.