Remembering The Holocaust.

I ask myself the same question as Pattricia how could the German people be taken in by a mad man?

After the First World War some historians say The Treaty of Versailles was to harsh which was meant to punish and humiliate Germany.  Then along came Hitler who took no notice of the Treaty.  

One thing Hitler was brilliant at was public speaking, probably one of  the greatest in the world.  He was able to bewitch his audiences who believed every word he said.  So he decided to blame the Jews for all the worlds problems and the German people believed him.

On 23/01/2020 at 09:36, pattricia said:

How could Germany let this happen ?. 

I don't  know but I would have thought  if  anybody had done or said owt to this maniac, they would have shot. 

14 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I ask myself the same question as Pattricia how could the German people be taken in by a mad man?

After the First World War some historians say The Treaty of Versailles was to harsh which was meant to punish and humiliate Germany.  Then along came Hitler who took no notice of the Treaty.  

One thing Hitler was brilliant at was public speaking, probably one of  the greatest in the world.  He was able to bewitch his audiences who believed every word he said.  So he decided to blame the Jews for all the worlds problems and the German people believed him.

As a result of this treaty Germans were dying from starvation  in the streets and one of the first things he did was rescue the economy by booting out the international banks and issuing their own money. Germany soon began to recover under his leadership so it wasnt just his "bewitching speeches " that got some of the country behind him, it was the results he was getting that probably helped too. He then took land stolen from Germany using the treaty of Versailles. I think if the winners of WW1 were not so intent on crushing and humiliating Germany and its people then WW2 would never have happened.

19 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

As a result of this treaty Germans were dying from starvation  in the streets and one of the first things he did was rescue the economy by booting out the international banks and issuing their own money. Germany soon began to recover under his leadership so it wasnt just his "bewitching speeches " that got some of the country behind him, it was the results he was getting that probably helped too. He then took land stolen from Germany using the treaty of Versailles. I think if the winners of WW1 were not so intent on crushing and humiliating Germany and its people then WW2 would never have happened.

Yes I have to agree with you about Germany recovering under Hitler’s leadership.

Probably  all the military weapons he was building kept people in work to, although I’m not to sure about that.

9 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Yes I have to agree with you about Germany recovering under Hitler’s leadership.

Probably  all the military weapons he was building kept people in work to, although I’m not to sure about that.

Well Germans were employed building new infrastructure, homes, buildings of other sorts so youre probably spot on with that.

4 hours ago, BobOfRoth said:

Too clever to be seen that way?

Well seeing as we live in a time where if you disagree with the narrative of the left you are automatically considered far right/a Nazi/etc then Im afraid Id like to see some proof of Nigel's supposed enabling of modern day Nazis and I mean real actual proof from an impartial source and not some slanted piece in a far left rag or website.

Haha.

Lovely rant. If you can’t see how Farage has enabled a tide of rather vile nationalism, then  I feel for you.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Haha.

Lovely rant. If you can’t see how Farage has enabled a tide of rather vile nationalism, then  I feel for you.

You've no need to feel for me. Im fine and that wasn't a rant as anyone can plainly see.

For clarity here is my request again... Do try to answer it if you can.

Well seeing as we live in a time where if you disagree with the narrative of the left you are automatically considered far right/a Nazi/etc then Im afraid Id like to see some proof of Nigel's supposed enabling of modern day Nazis and I mean real actual proof from an impartial source and not some slanted piece in a far left rag or website.

5 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Clever rhetoric resonating with the masses with twisted truths...

Mirrored with Trump, mirrored with Boris.

First they close the borders, then they subjugate the masses, then when it all starts going south they blame someone else...

6 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Not really. Given the state of the economy at the time it wasn't hard to find a suitable scapegoat.

5 hours ago, BobOfRoth said:

Well Germans were employed building new infrastructure, homes, buildings of other sorts so youre probably spot on with that.

They were re-arming before Hitler got into power, which was news to me.

1 hour ago, BobOfRoth said:

You've no need to feel for me. Im fine and that wasn't a rant as anyone can plainly see.

For clarity here is my request again... Do try to answer it if you can.

Tell you what.

You evidence your opinion about disagreeing with the “narrative of the left” and I’ll evidence mine of Farage being an enabler of the far right.

It is a tactic of the far right to try to shut down debate by demanding evidence of stuff that can’t be evidenced. 

Farage’s motives are clear to anyone with a quarter of a brain. No amount of misdirection from people like you will hide that.

16 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Tell you what.

You evidence your opinion about disagreeing with the “narrative of the left” and I’ll evidence mine of Farage being an enabler of the far right.

It is a tactic of the far right to try to shut down debate by demanding evidence of stuff that can’t be evidenced. 

Farage’s motives are clear to anyone with a quarter of a brain. No amount of misdirection from people like you will hide that.

Ah, so because I asked for proof im now far right??

lol.

But you also asked for proof, does that make you far right?

22 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

Ah, so because I asked for proof im now far right??

lol.

But you also asked for proof, does that make you far right?

Oh Bob, do read things more carefully.

It is the shutting down of debate that I was referring to. That’s always been a feature of the far right’s debating method.

The important point is that Farage, by his actions, has allowed an unpleasant brand of nationalism to take hold in our nation.

Edited by Pettytom