Remembering The Holocaust.

Almost the posts on this thread miss the point in post #1. The 'Holocaust' (Shoah) was uniquely targeting only one group on grounds only of religious affiliation or descent. It was a unique attempt at obliteration. Yes, many other minorities were targeted and suffered too. But none of the posters' counter-posts address that unique targeting and- in common with most modern Governments and pressure groups- they try to conflate it with other racist or political motives and attacks deliberately in order to diminish it.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Almost the posts on this thread miss the point in post #1. The 'Holocaust' (Shoah) was uniquely targeting only one group on grounds only of religious affiliation or descent. It was a unique attempt at obliteration. Yes, many other minorities were targeted and suffered too. But none of the posters' counter-posts address that unique targeting and- in common with most modern Governments and pressure groups- they try to conflate it with other racist or political motives and attacks deliberately in order to diminish it.

No I don't.

56 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

The Holocaust and the other tragedies/genocides/conflicts/attempted genocides/wars that others have referred to have one major factor in common though, do they not Jeffrey?

They were allowed to happen because of 'othering' - the process by which people become convinced that the people the violence is directed at are 'the others' - the ones whose lives are of lesser value, who it becomes easy to blame all our woes upon.

I firmly believe that each and every one of us has the responsibility to challenge this 'othering' whenever we see it happening - for example, as someone mentioned further up the thread, the 'war on terror' - which turned into the widespread demonisation of Muslims - and the rise in right wing anti immigration rhetoric ( in which our present government is deeply implicit) which has led to a major increase in violence against minorities and the fact that right wing terror is now the largest threat facing our country.

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

The Holocaust and the other tragedies/genocides/conflicts/attempted genocides/wars that others have referred to have one major factor in common though, do they not Jeffrey?

They were allowed to happen because of 'othering' - the process by which people become convinced that the people the violence is directed at are 'the others' - the ones whose lives are of lesser value, who it becomes easy to blame all our woes upon.

I firmly believe that each and every one of us has the responsibility to challenge this 'othering' whenever we see it happening - for example, as someone mentioned further up the thread, the 'war on terror' - which turned into the widespread demonisation of Muslims - and the rise in right wing anti immigration rhetoric ( in which our present government is deeply implicit) which has led to a major increase in violence against minorities and the fact that right wing terror is now the largest threat facing our country.

I agree with pretty much all of that apart from the last bit Ive put in bold.

8 hours ago, BobOfRoth said:

I agree with pretty much all of that apart from the last bit Ive put in bold.

Apologies - an error on my part; what I should have said is that it's the fastest growing terrorism threat, according to Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu the head of Britains counter - terror police            -       https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/terror-attack-plots-uk-far-right-wing-extremism-threat-met-police-neil-basu-a9112046.html

13 hours ago, Halibut said:

All these events have one thing in common. Before the genocide, before the war and all of that, 

there were warmongers fuelling hate, repeating their lies over and over again, marking the scapegoats.

In exactly the same way as that **** Hopkins and  wannabe Mosley - Nigel.

2 hours ago, croat77 said:

All these events have one thing in common. Before the genocide, before the war and all of that, 

there were warmongers fuelling hate, repeating their lies over and over again, marking the scapegoats.

Are you saying he is a Nazi or something?

4 hours ago, croat77 said:

Exactly croat77

2 hours ago, BobOfRoth said:

Well he's definitely made a strong contribution to the upsurge in hate we've towards immigrants has he not?

7 hours ago, Halibut said:

Apologies - an error on my part; what I should have said is that it's the fastest growing terrorism threat, according to Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu the head of Britains counter - terror police            -       https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/terror-attack-plots-uk-far-right-wing-extremism-threat-met-police-neil-basu-a9112046.html

What wing belongs Islamic extremism to?

I'm just asking because from your link: "Islamist jihadism is still by far globally the biggest threat people face".

4 minutes ago, Branyy said:

What wing belongs Islamic extremism to?

I'm just asking because from your link: "Islamist jihadism is still by far globally the biggest threat people face".

The right wing. Obvs. The right wing extremism mention by Commisioner Basu however is referring to white right wing terror as opposed to Islamist terror.

Edited by Halibut

4 hours ago, BobOfRoth said:

Nigel is too clever to be seen in that way.

He's certainly an enabler of Nazis, or rather, their modern day successors.

47 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Nigel is too clever to be seen in that way.

He's certainly an enabler of Nazis, or rather, their modern day successors.

Too clever to be seen that way?

Well seeing as we live in a time where if you disagree with the narrative of the left you are automatically considered far right/a Nazi/etc then Im afraid Id like to see some proof of Nigel's supposed enabling of modern day Nazis and I mean real actual proof from an impartial source and not some slanted piece in a far left rag or website.