My Dab Radio Needs Repairing. Where can I take it?

I have a DAB digital radio that no longer works. It is an ALBA brand that was bought new for £30 from Argo. It is out of Warrenty now, but has had very little use.

The radio being quite narrow, and with me  having an increasing number of "senior moments" with the passing of time, I have accidentally   knocked it over a few times.   I am unsure whether anyone would want to spend time trying to repair it at a justifiable cost given the value of said item. 

Is it a case of throw it away, and buy a new one that is wider, and thus more stable with people like me around?

Edited by Janus

Depends on what is wrong with it. What are the symptoms? It could be something as simple as a detached wire. Any lights when it is turned on? Does the display work? Any sound? 

The shimmering display  panel displays the words "A sound connecting" and at times alternates to displaying "Welcome to digital radio" No sound other than crackles.

There are no apparent loose wires inside. All plastic plugs inside are pressed home in to their respective sockets. The data cable is connected. All soldered joints appear sound & intact.

I suspect something like chip or component on one of the pcb may be shot 🤔

Edited by Janus

I was hoping someone could recommend a place to take it, but I think I have posted this thread in the wrong section. I wonder if the mods will move it for me-maybe to general section.

(Now moved-Thank you mods).

Edited by Janus
Now moved

I think display failures are common.  I've got two DAB radios where the display has gone, and seen a few for sale with the same.

Edited by alchresearch

I can't see it being worth repairing, especially being such a cheap model.

Bin it and buy another.

I was just reading an article on DAB broadcasting. It stated that DAB has been around for 25  years. 

I have not looked at the prices recently. When I last looked, DAB radios did not seem to have dropped in price as much as  other electrical appliances  & devices. 

@alchresearch

If possible I would like to learn from your experience. What brand were the two  radios whereby the display screens failed?

The ALBA was at the cheaper end of the market, but I believe that a decent brand conventional radio  like Sony, could be purchased for 30 quid. I suppose availability is on the decline now though.

Edited by Janus

Keep your eye on Argos clearance items, although some DAB radios don't have pre-set station options and you have to faf about to change station.

I have a small Grundig unit and the display faded prematurely (just see it in the dark), luckily I had 5 stations pre-tuned.

1 hour ago, Janus said:

I have not looked at the prices recently. When I last looked, DAB radios did not seem to have dropped in price as much as  other electrical appliances  & devices. 

How much cheaper are you expecting?

There's a bunch of cheap stuff by Bush in Argos, starting from twenty quid.

Janus, I think I have one or two DAB radios on a shelf that got put away when we got an Alexa. If I can hunt one down, you'd be welcome.